Yellow-Nape Amazon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SirMinion

Sexy Martha Fahaka
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
A little while ago, I found our gorgeous Blue Front Amazon Parrot, Ozzy, breathing his last breaths in his aviary, he died in my arms. :byebye:

Fearful of a communicable disease, we had a n autopsy performed on his body and it was found that he had an enormously engarged liver, leading to lung odema and death.

We had time to morn our beloved Ozzy, but have found the house empty without his cies of "How d'you do?" and "Philliiiiiiiiiiiiiip!!!!" ringing around the walls.
His companions in the aviary, a Galah Cockatoo called Rosie and a White-eye Conure called Egg seem to be missing Ozzy too, so we've decided to get another Amazon Parrot.

We didn't want another Blue Front, because we don't want to feel that we're replacing Ozzy, so when a local breeder told us he had a six month old Yellow Nape for sale, we couldn't resist!

So this is the bird we're getting, he's un named as yet (any suggestions?) and we'll be taking him home in a couple of months once we've scraped together the £650 that he costs. We've paid a deposit and the breeder has promised to hold him for us as we save up.

He's still a baby, so the dandilion yellow flash on the back of the neck hasn't appeared yet, that will come in with his next moult

Here he (she?) is.
yna3.jpg

yna2.jpg

WOW thats a nice looking parrot.im no good at names though!sorry about ozzy :byebye:

Our amazon parrot's name was Jake, although we were never sure if it was a "he" or "she". Since Jake liked men better than women (at first Jake was downright nasty to me), we decided it was a "she". We had her for several years, but had to find a new home for her when we moved into an apartment. Her attempts at "flock squawks" were quite loud and not acceptable in an apartment complex. She would call the cats, "Here kitty kitty". And she could imitate any sound that caught her fancy. Hubby used to take Jake to the elementary school where he mentored kids. I'm sure your new bird will find a special spot in your family, all its own.

We've decided that this bird is most likely a male for the same reason the you suspect yours was a hen; he seems to like LadyMinion more than me.

It looks like we're going with the name 'Monty'

Thanks for the comments everyone. :D

Attachments

• picture_0061.jpg
    picture_0061.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 98
Lovely parrot ! B) I absolutely adore parrots and would love to have another if only I had the space and time (they are very demanding) ! But a current rather small flat and cat does not work :(
Parrots are far more intelligent than I think most people give them credit for and they are delightful creatures to enjoy the company of.

Most reactions

Back