FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bethv

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Recently I started an all Male tropical fish tank. I began by 4 male endlers and then last week added in 2 Male yellow cobra guppies.
I didn't understand why all my endlers were chasing one of my new guppies every second of the day as they're all males. But today I noticed one of my guppies was staying very still in the same spot, like he was protecting something. I Looked closer and noticed these white sacks in the gaps of one of my decorations... so I can only assume I was given a female by accident and now they've laid eggs? I can't find any information about yellow cobra guppies fry so I'm finding it hard to understand. I thought they gave birth to live young. And I purposely bought all males so I wouldn't have this problem... what do I do? Shall I just throw out the eggs before they hatch? I've read they lay up to 100+ babies which my tank is not big enough for that. I don't know how I'll stop this from happening again as I can't figure out which one is the female.

thanks!

The guppies are both males. Female guppies don't lay eggs, they give birth to fry. What you are seeing is either uneaten food which has grown fungus or snail eggs - they lay eggs encased in jelly. Whatever it is, I suggest you remove it - the easiest way is to wash the decor under the tap.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back