April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FishFinatic77

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I put a piece of zucchini into my tank to feed my clown pleco, and a little while later he was happily eating it. When I looked at him though, I noticed that he was a yellow color instead of dark brown. His patterns were still visible, but a lot less prominent.
I tried to inspect him for any signs of sickness, but he is really shy and he swam into a hiding spot as soon as he saw me.
I searched on the internet for anything about a pleco turning yellow, but I couldn't find anything. Is he okay? He was eating happily, and I didn't see any signs of sickness in the short seconds I could get a good look at him.
This was the first time I noticed him looking like this, but he usually hides in a dark place so I rarely ever really see him.
My water parameters are all fine, and I didn't add anything new to the tank.
Any ideas would be greatly appreceated.
Thanks!

did you wash the zucchini before putting it in the tank?

picture?

just monitor the fish and as long as none of them start gasping or die, they should be fine

My pleco does that ALL the time. Some sites say that it can be temperamental. My pleco will turn yellow sometimes almost white for a while and then her color will gradually come back.

Thanks for your replies! Yes, the zucchini was clean when I put it in, and all the other fish seem fine. I guess it must just be temperamental. I never knew plecos did that. Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back