Wpg

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Glenn UK

Reaction score
How do i work out how many WPG i am giving my tank?

I have a 21inch cube tank with 2 x t8's 15w each.

Thanks for any help

How do i work out how many WPG i am giving my tank?

I have a 21inch cube tank with 2 x t8's 15w each.

Thanks for any help
Well two 15 wat t8 gives you 30 watts so what ever your tank size is in US Gallons divide that by 30

So for example i have 2x25watt bulbs that gives 50 watts divide that by my tank size 29 us gallons 50/29=1.7 WPG

Thanks for that, so i have worked out my tank gets 0.90wpg - no wonder my plants dont grow much.

We are upgrading soon to have CO2 and upgrading the gravel to JBL Aquabasis plus and black roman gravel.

Presumably i need to upgrade my lights now, shame i didnt realise as i have last week replaced my 2 x t8's.

What kind of lighting should i look for?, i would much rather keep the lighting under the hood as it is now so would switching to t5's make much difference or as im going to upgrade is it worth looking at something else?

Thanks again for any help

Thanks for that, so i have worked out my tank gets 0.90wpg - no wonder my plants dont grow much.

We are upgrading soon to have CO2 and upgrading the gravel to JBL Aquabasis plus and black roman gravel.

Presumably i need to upgrade my lights now, shame i didnt realise as i have last week replaced my 2 x t8's.

What kind of lighting should i look for?, i would much rather keep the lighting under the hood as it is now so would switching to t5's make much difference or as im going to upgrade is it worth looking at something else?

Thanks again for any help
You should look at t6 bulbs they will fit in to your hood and give 40% more light than t8s and you have to change your hood heres a LINK check it out m8

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back