Wow!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Im away at the moment and my wife fancied a chinese. I found a takeaway and went inside to order our food. No word of a lie, just behind the counter was a tank....probably around a 30g (125ltr). In the tank was 4 fish which id say were some kind of Platinum Goldfish/Koi. They were massive!! Probably 30cm+ each and the water certainly wasnt clean..

Just shocking..how can they think its right to house fish that big in such a small tank. They should be in a large outdoor pond.

Some fishkeepers should be ashamed.

Didnt hang around long enough to find out but Adam richman would of been well happy if that was the case.

Chinese restaurants are super bad with that... the one near me has a 40g breeder (i measured it) and it has 2 giant common plecos, 2 mollies, 5 platies, 2 large gold fish, 2 neon tetras, 4 black skirt tetras, some snails, and a rainbow shark. :dunno:

Maybe you should tell them to visit our forums and show us their tank. Then we can try to correct their ways.

To a point, maybe cultural...I've seen some videos of Asian shops and they pack the fish in tubs 'n tanks - even pre-bag fish for sale and I'll bet they aren't unbagged daily! ...Then again, our shops have betas in those little cups...how does it go...."let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back