Wow, I knew my water is soft but.......

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I have never been able to drink coffee, the smell of it makes me feel ill. My husband liked to browse a record shop (until they closed) which had a Starbucks inside and I really suffered waiting for him - I often had to wait outside because the coffee smell was too overpowering.
So I drink tea, but only as part of a meal. Between meals I drink water.

Our kettle is about 4 years old and virtually no limescale. It gets boiled 3 times a day for tea and about 10 extra times on water change day.

It's rude to refuse tea in China. Luke downright disrespectful. Some if the tea was like the smell if a dirty fish tank and you'd be painfully sipping and they offer a top up. 2 years over there would put me off tea for life!

I also have never has a Guinness @WhistlingBadger - I hate Paddy's Day too :hyper:

@Brendanpat what trade are you in?
I have an English accent after the troubles had us move away when I was young, I don't like drinking Guiness at home because I don't want to look like a tourist.......love it too.

Your work trousers gave you away :rofl: graphic design mainly. But at home with little one so just do a bit of freelance design work.
I've 2 at home aswell . Age 2 and 3 .think I have the easier role at work here . :D

Pro parent tip: Put in the time when they're toddlers to convince them that they are loved, but they are most definitely not in charge. This investment of time and effort will pay off for the entire rest of their childhood. I know. I've done the research. (Father of a very easy-to-get-along-with 11 year old who was a rather-hard-to-get-along-with toddler)

(Stay tuned for further reports on the teenage years, which may or may not continue the current trend)

Pro parent tip: Put in the time when they're toddlers to convince them that they are loved, but they are most definitely not in charge. This investment of time and effort will pay off for the entire rest of their childhood. I know. I've done the research. (Father of a very easy-to-get-along-with 11 year old who was a rather-hard-to-get-along-with toddler)

(Stay tuned for further reports on the teenage years, which may or may not continue the current trend)
Teenagers are usually either (or both) self conscious or sad. They will insist they are fine or happy, but in reality they really want connection. Let them be with their friends and experience being young, in moderation. Of course they aren't always in a bad mood, but they for sure feel the effects of hormones and an increasing workload from school. At least I do :)

Yeah I find myself this is the long game.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back