Wow, I knew my water is soft but.......

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kwi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
......I didn't expect this.
Replacing the heater element in a 12 year old dishwasher. Not a spot of limescale, no salt ever used either.
IMG_20200914_113129.jpg

Our well water is so hard I think I could pave the driveway with it. When we first dug it, I used the AP test to check the general hardness. You know this test, right? You count the drops of regent until it changes color, and that's the degrees of hardness. I think anything over 18 drops is considered very hard. I gave up at 65 drops. Seriously.

Needless to say, we use RO water for drinking and fish. ha ha

Our well water is so hard I think I could pave the driveway with it. When we first dug it, I used the AP test to check the general hardness. You know this test, right? You count the drops of regent until it changes color, and that's the degrees of hardness. I think anything over 18 drops is considered very hard. I gave up at 65 drops. Seriously.

Needless to say, we use RO water for drinking and fish. ha ha
Are there even 65 drops in the bottle?

Yeah, I think my water hardness is officially in the "I don't want to know" category. The water in town is extremely soft, though, even though it comes from a creek that runs through miles of limestone canyons. I have to add epsom salt to harden it up for my rainbowfish. Weird.

My kettle is also 12year old but only gets boiled twice a day, for coffee not tea, I'm not typically Irish in that respect.
I dont drink tea - I know it's a shocker!
I'm English but only have a cup of tea maybe once every six months or so. I'm a hardcore coffee addict though, I can't function without it. I only drink tea when I've had way too much coffee and can't drink anymore, but still want a hot drink, and it's never as good or refreshing as I'd hoped it would be. I'm sure I used to like tea more than I do now, but always favoured coffee.

I think it's actually treason to be British and not like tea. A crime against the crown, like eating a swan. Don't tell the queen please.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back