Would you or would you not run a 5k put on by high schoolers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Would you run a 5k put on by my friends and I?

• Total voters
Thanks! :) I enjoy the biking! Knees and walking are like everything else - we take them for granted until we don't have them anymore. For the past 10 days I've had constant pain in my left knee, so going back to the knee doctor. Makes me think of things to be grateful about, things I take for granted.

I had 2 ACL surgeries due to basketball injuries, so I literally can't really run anymore (in fact, doctors told me not to). I ride my bike instead now, but this is the kind of thing many people in your area should be enthused about. :)
That’s a real bummer. My friend from work had to have a couple surgeries because he blew his ACL playing baseball. He’s still an amazing sports player all around, just a little limited in mobility. :(

Thanks! :) I enjoy the biking! Knees and walking are like everything else - we take them for granted until we don't have them anymore. For the past 10 days I've had constant pain in my left knee, so going back to the knee doctor. Makes me think of things to be grateful about, things I take for granted.
I definitely take too much for granted. I need to do better!

To whoever voted no, could you explain why? I want to know what would turn people off from running the race :) thank you!

To whoever voted no, could you explain why? I want to know what would turn people off from running the race :) thank you!
Sorry, I voted no because I can't run, physically. If I did I would be totally ok with it being put on by kids. Have you thought of making it a walk/run to accommodate more participants? In my area we also have a lot of 2k marathons, probably because we have a slew of retirees and 2k is a more reachable goal for some.

Sorry, I voted no because I can't run, physically. If I did I would be totally ok with it being put on by kids. Have you thought of making it a walk/run to accommodate more participants? In my area we also have a lot of 2k marathons, probably because we have a slew of retirees and 2k is a more reachable goal for some.
Our target age range is 10-70, but we are allowing older and younger to walk/run the course :D whoever wants to walk it sure can!

Our target age range is 10-70, but we are allowing older and younger to walk/run the course :D whoever wants to walk it sure can!
There's a lady that lives in my community, she is 78 years old and she still runs the triathlon that goes through Death Valley, I don't know how, but she is unbelievable! So it sounds like your age range is perfect :)

There's a lady that lives in my community, she is 78 years old and she still runs the triathlon that goes through Death Valley, I don't know how, but she is unbelievable! So it sounds like your age range is perfect :)
My goodness, that’s quite the accomplishment! Good for her!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back