Would you eat lab cultivated chicken?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Would you buy and eat lab grown chicken?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • undecided

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I doubt it, and with the way this world is going, I doubt we will last much longer... One of the world's most respected countries now has a president who cants even walk up the stairs and is shaking hands with the air. Laughing stock of the world leaves us pretty vulnerable to war and for dumb decisions.
Shaking hands with the air lmao

Cows, chicken, pigs etc. Farm animals. I've been to a couple mass production farms and its quite depressing. It looks like a werehouse with a long dark corridor of which have entrances to enclosures that house hundreds of thousands of the animals per room. They're all so crowded up in there. There's these strong lights, like the ones used in football stadiums (football as in actual football, yall Americans are weird), which are always on. The animals thinks its day all the time so they eat all day and grow abnormally big. You can see the fatigue in their eyes. A melancholic sight indeed. As we proceeded to the end, we arrived at the labs which had 2 sections; Selective Breeding and Genetic Modification. I guess you can picture it; a bunch of young men and women in white lab coats and goggles, all with microscopes and computers on front of them in silence. You could only hear the sound of the microscopes calibrating, keyboards clicking and testtubes clattering. Other than that, dead silence.
It is depressing and they are selective bred but they aren't genetically modified.

It is depressing and they are selective bred but they aren't genetically modified.
I've personally been to one mass production farm (in the uk) through a lecture trip. We've been able to genetically engineer and mofidy animals and plants since the early 1980s.... heck we can even clone and make hybrids!

GMO is used mostly in food industries to enhance certain aspects of an organism which makes it more suitable for our needs (and cheaper).

These changes include; faster growth rate, larger growth capabilities, less muscle and fibres, more fats etc...

Im surprised youre not familiar with this. There was (still is) a huge argument over the ethics of GMO.

I've personally been to one mass production farm (in the uk) through a lecture trip. We've been able to genetically engineer and mofidy animals and plants since the early 1980s.... heck we can even clone and make hybrids!

GMO is used mostly in food industries to enhance certain aspects of an organism which makes it more suitable for our needs (and cheaper).

These changes include; faster growth rate, larger growth capabilities, less muscle and fibres, more fats etc...

Im surprised youre not familiar with this. There was (still is) a huge argument over the ethics of GMO.
I am familiar with it and the possibilities and dangers but as far as I know there is not one cow, chicken, sheep on farms genetically altered.

There has been a Greenpeace protest here about transporting genetical altered Soja some years ago.

Even the glowfish as we know aren't allowed here (neither in the UK I believe).

We're heading for disaster if these things will be allowed. We humans can't even handle the normal and natural issues we're facing.

I am familiar with it and the possibilities and dangers but as far as I know there is not one cow, chicken, sheep on farms genetically altered.

There has been a Greenpeace protest here about transporting genetical altered Soja some years ago.

Even the glowfish as we know aren't allowed here (neither in the UK I believe)
A couple of the links I attached are on farm animals. Cows, pigs and chicken specially. We've been GMOing animals, in the food industry, for a while. It is very depressing.
We're heading for disaster if these things will be allowed. We humans can't even handle the normal and natural issues we're facing.
The problem is, these issues are overseen as they are not priorities (though they should be).

They have been GM plants too. It's all bad. We personally stick with Organic or non GMO food as much as possible to avoid that. We also stay away from the harsh preservatives and artificial dies they put in the food.

Trying to play God and messing with that stuff by GM it is not going to lead to anything good...

I guess they were mixing Covid and other virus in Boston US. The combo was like 80% deadly. Another example of messing with things they shouldn't. If released, that could wipe out 3/4 of the world killing billions.

I guess they were mixing Covid and other virus in Boston US. The combo was like 80% deadly. Another example of messing with things they shouldn't. If released, that could wipe out 3/4 of the world killing billions.
If so I hope we all go together (4/4) I don't have any doubt humanity will destroy itself. Maybe not in my lifetime but it certain will.

They switched teams...

We can't get free range chicken or eggs at the moment because of bird flu. All birds in England must be kept indoors.

I am going to be controversial again. Sorry.

On the subject of meddled with either by genetic manipulation, laboratory mucking about etc.

This is still a comparably new science. It has not had anywhere near enough time to show any longterm effects on either humans or, indeed, animals fed on meddled with human or animal consumtion foodstuff

No-one truly knows what prolonged use of these foodstuffs do the physiology of the body, no-one truly knows what they do to the endocrine systems in humans or animals. An do no-one knows what potential there is for genetic damage to animals or humans 4, 5, 10+ generations down the line cos the science is too young to know that yet.

In certain situations a degree of genetic manipulation does do good in the short term.....such as drought resistant arable crops in countries that face extreme drought like Ethiopia or Sudan. But again no-one knows the potential of human genetics being affected by genetically modified food 50+ years from now.

Testing things like this on mice is really not sufficient. Results on testing are not always open to exterior parties to read...the veil of secrecy is heavy.

Alot more research needs to be done to prove that GM and lab food is absolutely safe, not just for the current generation but for those still to come. Definitive proof that carcinogenic changes, endorphin changes, endocrine changes will never happen as a direct result of consuming these foods must be done and done openly.

As I said before...if we are forced to stop consuming the real thing then what happens to those real things? They get slaughtered for no reason whatsoever.

If it ain't busted, don't keep trying to fix it...especially when you do not know the long term effects for future generations. Humans and animals are fragile ecosystems as they are, it doesn't take alot to upset the balance...so why go out of your way to actively encourage that finely tuned balance to go out of kilter?

Most reactions

trending

Back