Would this work?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Synirr

"No one is a failure unless you try"
Reaction score
This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but would it be possible for FW angels to breed with discus and produce offspring? I'd never attempt this cross or anything, it's just one of those silly questions I ponder from time to time...

Nope. They aren't closely related enough. It would simply never work. Would be interesting to see though :)

I figured as much, but hey, I thought I'd ask... since they're both flat and everything :lol:

actually as I recal discus are more closely related to oscars than angels, there are reportedly angel ram hybrids however.

Opcn said:
actually as I recal discus are more closely related to oscars than angels, there are reportedly angel ram hybrids however.
My fish store had ram angel hybrids around christmas time. They looked like rams with malawi bloat and longer more threadlike fins :lol:

Sorrell said:
Opcn said:
My fish store had ram angel hybrids around christmas time. They looked like rams with malawi bloat and longer more threadlike fins :lol:
lol, i dont think they're a ram/angel hybrid. they're actually called Balloon rams. it might be just a result of breeding :dunno: or it might actually be a hybrid but i doubt it would be a angel :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back