Would this work?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So my electric blue acara breed and I am now in the breeding business I guess you could say. Since being in the hobby, for only about 4 months, I’ve always wanted to breed guppies. I have a ten gallon and want to start breeding them. I also have seen many videos of red cherry shrimp breeding like crazy. Would it work to have guppies and red cherry shrimp breeding in the same tank?

It is quite possible to keep cherry shrimps and guppies in the same tank, and the shrimps would breed although a lot of the baby shrimps would be eaten.

If you just want a colony of shrimps there would be enough babies survive to do this. But if you want to breed the shrimps to sell on, it would be better to selectively breed the reddest shrimp in a separate tank.

However, 10 gallons is quite small for breeding guppies in.........

A 10g tank is to small for guppies, but not for shrimp. I have cherry shrimp in my 10g and my 29g and they breed like crazy. @TheTenthDoctor, what size tank do you recommend or breed guppies in?

I have a 30 gallon tank that I started out with shrimp and 8 guppies (1 male and 7 females) within 3 months I have at least 80 fry. I ended moving the guppies to a different tank.

I have a 30 gallon tank that I started out with shrimp and 8 guppies (1 male and 7 females) within 3 months I have at least 80 fry. I ended moving the guppies to a different tank.
Guppies and shrimp do breed like rabbits. I've experienced this first hand. ;)

I am still waiting on my ghost shrimp to have babies. 3 females are walking around with berries but so far nothing. At least my glow light tetra are having fry :kana:
Really? Cool, I whish my neon tetras would have fry, that would be cool. :)

Also, do ghost shrimp have babies the same way cherry shrimp do?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back