Would This Work Out?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They are both 4 pin so they should fit as far as I know they will be ok.

I actually use these ASL power compacts but do not have them on an Interpet unit.

The freshwater colour lamp is very pink in colour so I would not recommend that on its own, the best combo lamp IMO is the Freshwater Tropical : White 7100k + Pink 8000k, this is the lamp that I use and find it the best. The Daylight white on its own (if you can get it) is very green looking after a while, the 50/50 combo is best IMHO and this is what I have used for the last couple of years with pretty good results.

Hi thanks so much for your reply. What unit do you use?I was going to go for the freshwater tropical as I though that this would promote the best plant growth do you know what sort of colour it would give off or is the no particular tint to it?

Thanks again Jakester.

Its a Helios ballast that I have, overpriced at the time but the Interpet units had problems back then so they were out of the buying equation, I would have no problems going for the Interpet control gear now though, the problems have been solved. The only issue with the interpet control gear is that you must run both lights at the same time, they are not switchable AFAIK.

The ASL freshwater tropical lamps are a 50/50 combo of daylight and a pinkish light, personally I dont have a problem with this, the colour rendition is good IMO, if you want a pure white light go for the Interpet Daylight tubes.

Yeah I was going to get a twin 55W controller before I thought about it and went for singles so I could switch them independently.

I can confirm that Interpet must have sorted their probs out as my end caps are as fresh as the day they arrived in February and the tubes click in and out easily enough (even though when I say this some people garb on about how Im wrong. lol)

They get damned hot though. lol

Looking on that site they only seem to do the ASL tropical for 24W!! Where do you get yours Zig.

Andy

Oh ok I didn't fully check the link for available stock, based on what they have available right now I probably would not buy any of them especially the Freshwater Plant tube with the blue 12000k part.

The freshwater colour tube will be very pink on its own.

Sorry, looks like you may have to shell out for the more expensive tubes.

SuperColey......I bought my tubes about a year ago from the same source they had a much wider range available back then, pretty much all of them were available.

The switchable Helios ballast I bought from Aquatics online at that time is also unavailable right now, cant see it on the stock list anyway.

So do you reckon I should go for the Interpet bulbs, and if so what type should I go for? Preferably the best one for plants.

Thanks for your help Jakester

Another personal preference really.

I would say 2 x Daylight plus because I like this lamps colour

Zig and many others would probably say 1 x Triplus and 1 x Daylight plus because they like the colour with this mix.

Choice is down to your preference really but they both work well with plants.

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back