Would this be safe?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Can I put this atrocity safely in a tank?

• Yes, do it!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • NO! WHAT IS WRONG WITH U!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SomethingsFishy24

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have looked into this but never found anything definitive as yes or no. Would this glass ornament be safe in a tank. It is solid, the color is in the glass itself and the edges are round. It may be crystal? I know it is stupid but I like it and find humor in this thing.

Would like to know your thoughts on safety. As far as my choice in decor...well, I am aware my tastes are odd already🤣

Attachments

• 20220325_214816.jpg
    20220325_214816.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 30
I LOVE THAT. That’s epic. I used to have a round glass paperweight in my tank. Glass is, typically, fine. I would think it’s perfectly safe!

I agree with Olive, glass is fine in fish tanks. I mean, what are most tanks made of. . .

The colour is in the glass and the glass is sealed so it's not going to cause any problems unless it has been cleaned with something toxic.

I LOVE THAT. That’s epic. I used to have a round glass paperweight in my tank. Glass is, typically, fine. I would think it’s perfectly safe!
I am probably overthinking it but that is usually what happens whenever a seed of doubt is sown. Mister was like make sure the blue glass doesn't have something in it that could leach. Fair point, but it is not painted on so I would imagine whatever made the blue color would be trapped in the glass.

I love it, too. I found it at an estate sale. There were two but the other had a broke ribbon.

i want to get a clear glass sphere with a really realistic looking fish in it so i can put it in my male betta's tank and scare my friends

I am probably overthinking it but that is usually what happens whenever a seed of doubt is sown. Mister was like make sure the blue glass doesn't have something in it that could leach. Fair point, but it is not painted on so I would imagine whatever made the blue color would be trapped in the glass.

I love it, too. I found it at an estate sale. There were two but the other had a broke ribbon.
Yes! I collect glass paperweights, it’s always a treat to find a fish themed one

If I'm not wrong, some drinking glasses have lead in it which can be a toxic to human.
And some glasses have lead due to the production issue which might happened especially in country like China.
But I'm not sure about the glass that you posted above.

"The California Department of Public Health lead advisory states, "children should never eat or drink out of leaded crystalware".[17] Leaded crystal wineglasses and decanters are generally not considered to pose a significant health risk, provided that these items are washed thoroughly before use, that beverages are not stored in these containers for more than a few hours, and provided that they are not used by children."

Last edited:
I wonder if the Betta would square off with it, or if he would be like "That is the weirdest looking fish I ever did see":rofl:
normal bettas would be like "am in a novel? cos that's definitely some plot armor"
my betta would be too lazy to care after he finds out it' s nto food

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back