Would this be overcrowding?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

snotirl

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have a 7 gallon tank i want to put 1 pleco, 2 swordtails, 7 small noen tetras, 1 bronze cory, 2 clown loaches, 2 angelfish and one fighter fish would that be over crowding 8)

One word YES with a 7 gallon tank you can just have the neons and maybe the betta or the sword tails.

All plecos grow too large for a 7g

Bronze corydoras like all corys need to be kept in groups of at least 3 so you cannot have just one

Clown loaches can grow to 12" not suitable for a 7g

Angelfish get to around 6" and need a long tall tank of at least 30g

hrm ok what would happen if i did put them ll together?
death?

snotirl said:
hrm ok what would happen if i did put them ll together?
A lot of problems,the angels would eat the neons for a start.The plec would pollute the tank very quickly,they are pooing machines that need large tanks with large filters.The bronze cory would be lonely so would be prone to all sorts of infections.The clown loaches would be too cramped so would come down with white spot (ICH) and probably die,most likely take all but the plec and cory with them too.The Siamese fighter (betta) would attack the swordtails and probably the angels as well,all these fish would have torn fins which due to the definate bad water quallity would become fin rot and kill the fish,if the whitespot hasnt already.
You would have fluctuating water quality problems,with that many fish you would need to be changing the water once or twice a day,your nitrates would be off the scale and you would get ammonia and nitrite spikes regularly.

Is that enough reasons to not do it.

basiaclly its a death sentence doind it :-( dnt do it also i think ur other tanks are well over stocked aswell

basiaclly its a death sentence doind it :-( dnt do it also i think ur other tanks are well over stocked aswell

No i dont think they r i just cant get the gallons right ! or the litres :lol:

Wow, way overcrowded. You're going to end up with no fish if you don't take the given advice. :blink:

Not to sound rude at all, but how can a person have so many tanks and even ask if that would be overcrowding. I have one tank up since June 1st of this year and I know that would be an incredibly dumb idea. It is good that you asked though instead of doing.

That is why I think any person wanting to own an animal of any sort should have mandatory training on the keeping of that pet before they are allowed to even purchase one. I am not saying you are and I don't think you are, but there are an incredible amount of just plain stupid people out there.

Thank god there isn't a being bigger than us that could buy us and put us in a cell with no bathroom with guns and knives. :) Seriously though, I just try to treat other things the way I would want to be treated, especially if I am going out and buying them. Anyhow, I think you know the answer should be no now. Good luck and have fun with all of your other tanks.

Snotirl i see you have changed your signature now but i have to ask why do you have more fish,and the ones that grow biggest,in the 30 gallon tank?The clowns and balas should be in the 70 gallon where they will have the room to grow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back