Would this anti hair algae product kill my moss balls?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know what it is to be honest but it seems I have two types of plant within the moss balls, there is the ball itself but then if left unmaintained a huge string like algae grows off it. I wondered if this treatment would kill off the whole moss ball?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DVKPWLM/?tag=

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure about that, can you post a picture of the hair algae. If it is the same type I had in my tank it was easy to get rid of without dosing it with algae killer. I just kept sucking it out using a gravel vac and in time it disappeared.

Never use any chemical additive to deal with algae if fish are in the aquarium. Aside from that basic principle, using algae killing products will likely kill the moss balls.

Marimo (also known as Cladophora ball, moss ball, or lake ball) is a rare growth form of Aegagropila linnaei (a species of filamentous green algae) in which the algae grow into large green balls with a velvety appearance.

well I have cleaned it out now but the algea is long and stringy, its as if the moss ball itself is a nice big ball of moss but the algae build around it coats it in another stingy substance, like when you see hair wrapped around a hair brush. Its detachable with a toothbrush to take it off the moss ball.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back