Would these 3 plants be good for my fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

BlazerBuddy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am planning on buying a Premium Rose Metal Male Betta Fish and I'm wondering if these 3 plants are all I need to give it cover.

Top Fin Anubias
Top Fin Amazon Sword
Staurogyne Repens Aquarium plant

yeah that’s good but maybe get 2 or 3 of each to fill up the tank (idk how big your tank is though)

They are fine, they wont harm your little boy’s fins.
Yes , i agree with
yeah that’s good but maybe get 2 or 3 of each to fill up the tank (idk how big your tank is though)
but amazon sword grows very very fast, so only one is enough, plus it flowers often and you can get baby plants if the flower is underwater rather than outisde.

I would also add floating plants. For 10 gallons, salvinia, red root floater or perhaps Amazon frogbit.
watter lettuce and frogbit have nice long flowy roots

They are fine, they wont harm your little boy’s fins.
Yes , i agree with

but amazon sword grows very very fast, so only one is enough, plus it flowers often and you can get baby plants if the flower is underwater rather than outisde.
i have 2 amazon swords in my betta tank (1 in each of the back corners) but yeah some people like 1

i have 2 amazon swords in my betta tank (1 in each of the back corners) but yeah some people like 1
I’m talking about when they bolt, I got 4 babies out of that and they are all growing! Free plants

The Staurogyne Repens can be a difficult plant to grow so it will likely not do well in your tank. The sword plant is well kind of a boring plant and there are better options. Everyone likes anubia and they are easy to grow BUT make sure you keep the rhizome above the substrate else it will rot.

what sort of light is on the tank?
what are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?
are you adding aquarium plant fertiliser?

anubias is not a true aquatic plant, grows slowly and doesn't need bright light.
amazon sword plants like lots of light and fertiliser and can get big.
water sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is the best plant for Betta splendens. It can be grown on the surface and planted in the substrate.

amazon sword plants like lots of light and fertiliser and can get big.
Depends on the exact species. Some stay as small as 1 inch; though i admit that frequently when people (esp brands like topfin); have 'amazon sword' they are probably referring to Echinodorus Bleheri or Echinodorus amazonicus which does get large.

Depends on the exact species. Some stay as small as 1 inch; though i admit that frequently when people (esp brands like topfin); have 'amazon sword' they are probably referring to Echinodorus Bleheri or Echinodorus amazonicus which does get large.
yea, my amazon sword exploded in growth.
my other "amazon sword" has stayed small, but is still growing large
they do seem like different species

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back