FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

McCool

Fishaholic
Reaction score
55 Gallon with this fixture

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23753

(The 48" FW. 108 Watts)

Would I need Co2? Or could I get by without it? What would be the consequences of going without it? I plan on some floating plants, if that makes a difference. I REALLY don't want Co2 if I can help it, even if I have to battle with some algae. Thoughts?

I'd expect that the less light you have (and the less growth you want) or duration, the less you'll need CO2. Cant run an engine withought fuel, and light is twisting the ignition. Vroom vroom!

As always it'll depend on a whole load of factors, however, in general, yes, you'll probably want CO2 on that one, especially as I suspect that your tank isn't crazily deep if it can take a 48" lighting rig and is 55 gallon capacity. Photoperiod will make a difference to the overall equation as will natural light exposure.

As always it'll depend on a whole load of factors, however, in general, yes, you'll probably want CO2 on that one, especially as I suspect that your tank isn't crazily deep if it can take a 48" lighting rig and is 55 gallon capacity. Photoperiod will make a difference to the overall equation as will natural light exposure.

No natural light at all. Not really sure how deep it is, but it is just a standard 55 gal. That's really a bummer, as Co2 is something I know nothing about. Would a DIY system work on mine?

Not really its a little big for it, you'd get fluctuations and end up with BBA, I'd get some Neutro Carbon, Excel or something like that for it,its a daily liquid supplement for CO2. :) Make sure you get some ferts containing N&P tho as your lighting and CO2 require it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back