Would I Be Over Doing It.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
ive found a lighting unit ... THANK GOD!...

its a compact HO flourescent unit. i can either have 2*36 watts of white daylight and 1*18 watt actinic bulb (90 watts in total) bearing in mind i would like softies and maybe an occasional hardy. or 2*55watts and either 1*18 watt atinic or a 36 watt atinic.

opinions please

the starters are interpet compact T5 starters that take the CFL's.

regards jack

ps. sorry for being a pain in the #### :blush: but im off school and may aswell gather as much info as i can lighting wise

I've used the same starters (36w ones) over my fuge tank and its fine for softies (had some frags under there).

Personally I think the more light you can get the better. The two 55w tubes would be a better option but you could do ok with the 36w ones. I wouldnt count the atinic towards the total wattage as they do not give much of a usable light spectrum.

Edit: No need to say sorry, this is what the forum is here for :)

If you havent already thought about it make sure you get some decent reflectors as well. These can make a great deal of difference to the light output.

Be careful with PC lighting, they waste a lot of power on poor reflector and tube design :unsure:. they were supposed to be the savior of lighting for us and they ended up being a low-end alternative that doesnt do much

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back