Would Blue Rams Eat Assassin Snails?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mayu

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Here's my problem. I had an explosion of bladder snails in my molly tank. I originally was going to buy a few panda loaches, but I chose this assassin snail from the pet store because it was cute and I was told it would eat a good number of snails.

One snail however is not going to do the trick since I had an explosion of hundreds of these other snails... so I went to buy 6 more... but they were out of stock and said they'd have more assassins on Wed. (this week) So this Wednesday I went back to the store and they told me their supplier were also out of assassins, so they're having trouble finding them at the moment.

So I went online to look for some Assassins. There was someone selling them on ebay... but they sold out, and the other person selling them on ebay had questionable feedback. (over 12 negatives in less than 6 months). So I went to Drs Foster and Smith Live aquaria online and the only snail they sell is the mystery snail.

So now I'm stuck... my first thought was putting the assassin in a different tank and getting those panda loaches, but I only have 2... one has my Japanese Trapdoor Snail, Gary, and his babies, who I don't want the assassin eating... and the other has 2 blue rams.

Do Blue Ram Cichlids eat snails? I read somewhere they do... and I'd hate for this little guy to get eaten. But unless I can find more assassins, loaches are my next option, and they do eat snails, and would probably eat the assassin too.

Hi Mayu :)

If you're in the US, you might want to try this website for the snails. I just bought 10 last week and can already see the difference in my pest snail population. They arrived quickly and in good condition.

http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=184&osCsid=csh2jvcppp7p3tibpoc4deh5q7

I'll take a look at the site. I should ask if they just sell them in 10s or if I can buy a certian amount. I think 10 would be too many in a 20 gallon tank. I can't find any info on how big they even get... So 11 may be too many to have in one tank...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back