Would background plants such as vallisneria and rotala be alright in a small tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

thelonerasbora

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to pick out some plants for my ten gallon hopefully cherry shrimp and white cloud tank. I know that both of these plants grow quite tall, but I would like to know if it would be possible for them to look good in a small tank, even if it required extensive trimming.

If you dont mind them bending over the surface of the water (which is great for the fish, they like shade) it will be okay :)

I think they will be fine. You can also look into some Anacharis. My shrimp love this plant. It looks great and it grows fast.

Awesome! I'm actually really hoping they will fold over the surface. I'll try to post a picture if it looks any good and if I figure out how.

Vallisneria when it healthy and gets growing throws shoots out everywhere. It not controlled it will over run the tank. I have to trim the leaves every week to 2 weeks as it grows so fast, I get leaves over a metre long if I get lazy with the trimming. In saying that tho it’s one of my favourite plants, very hardy and looks amazing in a tank

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back