Would A Newt Eat Guppy Fry?

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a newt and i have some questions:
-Would they be able to live in a tropical fish tank?
-Would they eat guppy fry and amano shrimp?
-What temp do they need if they cant cope with the average temp of tropical tank?

Answers :) .
1. No, they need land to come out on.
2.Yes, they would eat amano shrimp and guppy fry very easily. They would eat guppies too.
3.Depends on the species, but all the ones i've seen at the lfs i work in have been cold water species, so no :/ . 18 degrees celcius - 24 degrees celcius(maximum).

Sorry, i know newts are cool. But it's good that you asked instead of just going and buying one, like some people would :) .

Answers :) .
1. No, they need land to come out on.
2.Yes, they would eat amano shrimp and guppy fry very easily. They would eat guppies too.
3.Depends on the species, but all the ones i've seen at the lfs i work in have been cold water species, so no :/ . 18 degrees celcius - 24 degrees celcius(maximum).

Sorry, i know newts are cool. But it's good that you asked instead of just going and buying one, like some people would :) .

So would you need say a 10 gal tank or sumint with a small heater set at about 20 degrees celcius and a small 10 gal filter?

If you're getting firebellys they do best with 1/3 land to 2/3 water, and the water should be fairly well planted. They don't like water current so be careful not to get a filter with too strong a current. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back