Would a 30 gallon small pond be fine for gold fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have aping outside with no fish in it would it be fine with one or two gold fish in it

Are you talking about that square one? With algae
Yeah but I think Iā€™m going to get a one of those tubs from Bunnings reastart and put the tub on some concrete were it wonā€™t get sun I was thinking of keeping the gold fish that the guy on YouTube had called Lukeā€™s goldies

Yeah but I think Iā€™m going to get a one of those tubs from Bunnings reastart and put the tub on some concrete were it wonā€™t get sun I was thinking of keeping the gold fish that the guy on YouTube had called Lukeā€™s goldies
I thought he isint selling fish rn

You could keep two regular goldfish in 30 gallons but no koi. That would max out your stocking options though and you would need to stay on top of maintenance.

You could keep two regular goldfish in 30 gallons but no koi. That would max out your stocking options though and you would need to stay on top of maintenance.
Yeh true need a lot of maintenance and defenetly wonā€™t be adding koi

You could put some Pacific Blue Eyes or Rainbows in, and then there's no maintenance. They'll breed, and will be fine over winter where you are.

You could put some Pacific Blue Eyes or Rainbows in, and then there's no maintenance. They'll breed, and will be fine over winter where you are.
What are they Iā€™ll reaserch them so I wonā€™t have to do maintenance for them

Common goldfish would be an absolute no. Fancyā€™s maybe

What are they Iā€™ll reaserch them so I wonā€™t have to do maintenance for them
They are both Aus native fish, so perfect for your place.
But don't expect to see them much, I'm assuming you'll have plants? They hide to keep safe.
And be careful if you do get goldfish, the birds will be after them. Goldfish don't have the sense to hide. (Sorry goldfish) And they really do stand out in a pond

But don't expect to see them much, I'm assuming you'll have plants? They hide to keep safe.
And be careful if you do get goldfish, the birds will be after them. Goldfish don't have the sense to hide. (Sorry goldfish) And they really do stand out in a pond
And for rainbow fish will I not need to do Any maintenance lie water changes and is the pond fine in the sun.

I have plants but they seem to all dye I have valisnira java moss thatā€™s really it but Iā€™ll get some pothos for it to

If you have it in full sun in summer it will grow a lot of algae. A lot. I shade mine with some palm leaves
I have elephant ear, water reeds and bacopa. The bacopa is important (or some other floating plants) for shade and somewhere for the fish to hide. The water reeds took off straight away and keep growing. If your local Bunnings has a pond section, ask them, they're usually a pretty good help.
This is one of mine a couple of months ago. Bit messy then but you get the idea

. IMG_20221113_140217.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back