Worst Fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I guess mine must be a red tailed shark, when I first started keeping fish, what a mistake, terrorised the tank or hid. I once had an extremely ugly molly once (that you couldn't have given away) that unfortunately/fortunately got eaten. hmmm it's a difficult choice between them; I'll go for the red tailed shark being my worse fish (Mainly 'cos the other one still makes me feel a bit guilty).

Just thought I'd mention my CAE is an absolute babe and never been any trouble.

DEFO TIGER BARBS. I HAD THREE IN ONE OF MY COMMUNITY TANKS, KILLED EVERYTHING IN THERE APART FROM LARGE PLEC. THEN SET ABOUT EACH OTHER, UNTIL ONLY ONE REMAINED. SO I GAVE DAMIEN DEVIL BARB TO A FRIEND WHO HAD A SMALL SHOAL OF THEM AND HE HAS BEEN OK.

It's not the fish fault, mostly fish keepers putting the wrong fish together, to small of a tank for the fish.

I have to say mine would be Neon Tetras, but it's my fault really. I used them cycling the tank! Yeah, I know, go ahead and slap your foreheads and groan. That's what I'm doing now as they seem to have a different problem every other week. One day they'll be ok though. I hope! They are just so delicate, and I, well, am not. Bad match, but we'll make it through.

Yeah Neon Tetras are definately delicate, but my school of 6 thrive in my 75 Gallon. They are gorgeous and I am thinking of expanding the school to 12 or 15!

Neons would have to be the worse fish ive had. They all died and the remaning ones got eaten... The getting eaten part was my fault though... :crazy:

I know it's not the fish's fault and kept in the right environment they would be my favorite, but Dwarf puffers are my least favorite. They are very misleading because they are so small and are often kept with other fish in the lfs.

Guppies. They're beautiful, but they drop like flies.

I did everything I could, but all gups around here are either really heavily inbred or sick. :(

My biggest nightmare was and still is convicts!!! I ended up with over a thousand of these things! I now have 8 males in various tanks. Do not mate these things!
Its an endless cycle, and NOBODY will take them. :crazy:

My worst fish was actually not a fish. When I was little, we had a crab (which the 7 year old me creatively named Krabby). The thing would crawl out of the tank every darn time and end up in the stupidest places: my bedroom floor, the kitchen, the couch.......it really amazed me, but at the time I was afraid to touch it so it was not a good thing to have! :lol:

jenica86 said:
My worst fish was actually not a fish. When I was little, we had a crab (which the 7 year old me creatively named Krabby). The thing would crawl out of the tank every darn time and end up in the stupidest places: my bedroom floor, the kitchen, the couch.......it really amazed me, but at the time I was afraid to touch it so it was not a good thing to have! :lol:
:lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back