Worst Filter You Ever Used...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Blubble37

Ohai dere c:
Reaction score
What is the worst filter you have ever used...

my worst was the interpet PF1 but i sorted it out by melting the holes closed that let water bypass the filter

Got to agree with the Interpet range just terrible and expensive when compared with better brands. When I started out I used just the interpet ones as they came with the tanks and they just clogged constantly and could not operate for at one point longer than a day.

Though got to admit I would always recommend getting externals for any size tank now a days.

Wills

they arent too bad once you melt themmm, othertwise theyre prett crappy...

I've only used 3 filters (aqueon whisper 30, aqueon whisper 10, and a homemade sponge filter) but my homemade sponge filter was really crappy and the air pump I used was noisy. Both my aqueons are pretty good, but I agree with ff2 an uncycled one is bad too

My interpet pf mini is the best small filter out of the range.
The Fluval mini has to be worse as the media is just a sponge.

eheim classic range external filters and fluval filters except the FX5 which i find unbeatable.

The noisiest filters I have ever used were fluval externals. The 205 I had was horrid. The quietest was an eheim. But I cant wait to get my tetratec running...

Cant stand internal filters :p

But that said... the Interpet range has to be one of the worst designs... along with the filter on the Fluval Chi tank!!

the interpet pf2 i got free with a tank once and the marina slimline filters are soo noisy and rubbish in general :) im currently using a JBL cristalprofi 1500

Any heap of #105### external filter that Fluval has churned out - bar the FX5 and G-series.

I don't remember the make, but it was a internal Fluval filter.

Constantly had to do something to or replace the O rings and whenever we lost power the filter would drain half the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back