Worst Advice ever.... go!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
'Mollies or Platys could fight for themselves against the tetras.' and 'Yep, a few common plecos could live in a ten-gallon tank.' also, 'a betta would be really cool in a blender turned into a tank!*' one more: 'You can move the fish out of the tank with a gravel vacuum.'

download (5).jpg

'Mollies or Platys could fight for themselves against the tetras.' and 'Yep, a few common plecos could live in a ten-gallon tank.' also, 'a betta would be really cool in a blender turned into a tank!*' one more: 'You can move the fish out of the tank with a gravel vacuum.'

*View attachment 139065
haha it is so funny LOL

'Oh chinese algae eaters are great for a community fish tank. Get 2-3, they are cheap and good'

Little did I know they grew like crazy and wrecked most of my plants. Rehomed them to my local LFS
ouch. I think he meant to recommend sae which won't harm plants but if you want 3 get a 200 gallon tank.

ouch. I think he meant to recommend sae which won't harm plants but if you want 3 get a 200 gallon tank.
They only had chinese ones and common plecos which I knew can grow too big so I didn't want them...

Plecos are the best algae eater for your tanks and you when you have several of them you don't even have to clean or scrape off those algae from your tank ........ ....

Gosh - one time (I have to be what, 15, 16 yrs old) I was at our LFS on my own, perusing the store and I overheard the LFS employee give some of the absolute worst advice. Someone was buying a fish tank that day - and the person was going on about how they can mix & match pretty much any type of cichlid (tank couldn't have been more than 20g) and how they have a 14 day guarantee and that they'll test the water if any issues arise etc.

I stalked behind them closely until the employee walked off and I basically told them that what the employee said was a bunch of BS and pointed them on the straight and narrow. No clue if they listened, but I had to try.

Oh a bala shark will be great for your 20h!
Yeah I saw a baby bala shark for sale at Petsmart the other day. I remember when I first started in the hobby 30 years ago the LFS owner sold me 6 of them because he said they liked to be in a group, which may be all fine and good but I only had a 29 gallon.

Yeah I saw a baby bala shark for sale at Petsmart the other day. I remember when I first started in the hobby 30 years ago the LFS owner sold me 6 of them because he said they liked to be in a group, which may be all fine and good but I only had a 29 gallon.

Wow!

That'd work for... 6 months?

Well the follow-up questions is how long did those 6 bala's last

Interesting comments....I guess the best advice I give is to become a knowledgeable consumer. After all a store has to make sale to stay in business how they do that just depends on the store. I'm lucky enuf to have a small LFS whose owner is in the store all the time and gives dependable advice and often won't sell stuff to a newbie....I just hope he can stay in business, For us consumer's the problem is getting the right advice and being able to interpret what words of "wisdom" we receive...dang life just ain't simple or B/W....

Interesting comments....I guess the best advice I give is to become a knowledgeable consumer. After all a store has to make sale to stay in business how they do that just depends on the store. I'm lucky enuf to have a small LFS whose owner is in the store all the time and gives dependable advice and often won't sell stuff to a newbie....I just hope he can stay in business, For us consumer's the problem is getting the right advice and being able to interpret what words of "wisdom" we receive...dang life just ain't simple or B/W....
Every time you say consumer all I can think of is people going to the pet shop to buy fish in order to consume them.

Come to think of it not all free advice are good ... even though for some they do have good intentions.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back