Worried about my platy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Hi guys so a bit of an update on my sick female platy, she is now in the 20L tank all by herself and my over fish have gone into a new larger and suitable tank. They are all doing well.

My sick female has birthed at least 25 babies over the last few days and on top of that has what appears to be fin rot. I have treated her for fin rot and have been doing 25% water changes as suggested. She doesnā€™t appear to be getting any better, in fact each day she looks worse šŸ˜ž her tail fin is pretty much all gone, her anal fin too and most of her top fin. She literally only has her two side fins, the bottom half of her body has lost all of it colour. She is unable to swim at all and today is not eating. I will attach a photo of her. My question is, is she suffering? Is she stressed? What is best to do for her? I donā€™t want to say itā€™s time for her to go because she worked so hard to have all those babies but I also donā€™t want her to be suffering. Please any advice will be hugely appreciated. Tia

Attachments

• BF5F2913-A1DC-4816-9E72-2B225A1C5A37.jpeg
    BF5F2913-A1DC-4816-9E72-2B225A1C5A37.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 16
can't tell anything from the picture but if the fins are gone and the fish is getting worse, then euthanise it.

can't tell anything from the picture but if the fins are gone and the fish is getting worse, then euthanise it.
She seems to have picked up this evening, she is managing to get to the bottom of the tank again and has eaten a bit. I will upload a video. She still isnā€™t great but moving around again so Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s a good sign?

The fish looked like it was being blown around the container by a current of water. It certainly didn't appear to be swimming.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back