Worms

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can you you just find a worm and feed it to your fish almost any worm except for the paracytes. The worms around here that i see once in a while after it is raining earth worm. I am not sure do i have to clean em up then cut it in half

One night after a nice rain, I went out and got a few of those worms you are talking about........red worms, just like you catch fish with. I brought them in, rinsed them well in the sink and dropped some in our 55 gallon, you should have seen the tiger barbs going after them! I didn't give them a whole bunch but one of them got a good size worm in its mouth and was swimming around with it hanging out trying to swallow it down. We had no problems at all. I wouldn't recommend getting them from anywhere that pesticides or fertilizers had been used. That could cause a problem, I would think. A lot of people take them and soak them and put them in peat moss to feed their fish. Its what they eat in the wild at times I would think, along with insects and the like.

The only thing I ever fed worms to from the garden was my axolotl. He'd snap up the end of it and swallow it all down.
I found two different kinds of earthworms in our garden... one, was lighter in colour, pinkish - you know, your kind of "standard" earthworm... The other was a darker almost reddish-brown colour with faint pale stripes.
There's one way to differentiate between them... the reddish-brown one STINKS, especially if you cut it open. My axolotl couldn't digest those. Something wierd about them, but they came out of the ground like the others did, so I don't know.

I've never fed worms to tropical fish though... just freeze-dried tubifex ones, or blood worms.

Most reactions

trending

Back