Worm thing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I did sterilize it, super well. I baked it at a high temperature for 3 hours and poured boiling water over it

It's weird....
Then probably it had just gotten into your tank or it came through something in your tank.
Or probably some insects had laid eggs in your tank recently.

Last edited:
I’ve had this happen to me, I used to have a 200ltr when I was a little kid and one morning I looked in and saw this wierd creature, it looked like a praying mantis that was alive in the water! To this day I had no idea what that thing was but it was gone the next day.

In my country, you have to be very careful when you leave your tank empty without fish.
The mosquitoes will breed very fast (probably within 3-4 days).
And if you are caught by the NEA (National Environmental Agency) officer, you will get a fine.

I have a friend who kept a tank for big crayfish without fish.
And one day he found that his tank has many mosquitoes larvaes.
He told me he was lucky that the NEA officer didn't check his house.

In my country, you have to be very careful when you leave your tank empty without fish.
The mosquitoes will breed very fast (probably within 3-4 days).
And if you are caught by the NEA (National Environmental Agency) officer, you will get a fine.

I have a friend who kept a tank for big crayfish without fish.
And one day he found that his tank has many mosquitoes larvaes.
He told me he was lucky that the NEA officer didn't check his house.
How often do they check houses?

How often do they check houses?

Actually they don't come frequently.
But they can come any time or whenever there are reported cases of people having dengue fever in our area.
They are very efficient which is good to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes.

Sometimes I saw them pouring some oil into nearby drains to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back