World Cup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I think Germany have about as much chance as Scotland of winning the World Cup :p

You looking to be happy slapped Dan :lol:

There are loads of Pubs & Clubs in Aberdeen, Flying Brazils & Argentina but emm no English one :lol:

Honestly all this over a game :shout:

I am sure I will pay this World Cup the same attention I did the rest - NIL :good:

IJAY - Scotland does have its own team but they are couldn't beat a one legged man tbh

Methinks the olympics is a larger sporting event...

Though I seem to recall that the Superbowl has a fair claim to being the largest sporting event as well.
iJay, it's called England because it is a team of English players, Scotland, Wales, Eire and Northern Ireland all have their own teams :)

Arfie

now i dont want to start anything but regardless of team name the republic of ireland or eireann is not a part of britain , and hence shouldnt really be mentioned here. i suppose it doesnt matter much , seeing as were crap and all.

TOGO TO WIN!!!

I drew Argentina in the sweepstake at work, so of course I hope they win so I do too....but without that, I actually hope America win. that would be a total resul for all the teasing we have done over the years about how they don't know anything about football or "soccer".

I drew Brazil at college sweepstake so i'm pretty happy with that. I'd rather England win it than Brazil though :)

I think America's footie team is actually ranked higher than England in the FIFA Ranking... But then again it is FIFA :rolleyes:

i hate to keep quoting people but .... yes america are ranked higher than england . however this is because of the crazy fifa system of calculating quality by sheer number of wins . it does suit the usa however - who have a surprising habit of playing all their friendlies against the bahamas :lol:

I'm fed up of the world cup already, god how long left to go.
Glad we have alot of television in our house so i can escape from it and watch big brother. :lol:
Couldn't care less who wins either. :lol:

Dan watched all three matches yesterday but watching tv with a three year old is like taking cats for a walk, there's no sitting about quietly involved at all.
So Bu and I cleared out his playhouse in the garden and gave it an Extreme Makeover type makeover ("move that bus!") - which was fun.

Well we were pants yesterday :grr: but won anyway :good: to be honest the only game I've seen so far where the teams looked OK was Argentina Vs Ivory Coast, both played pretty good.

In the opening game although it was 4:2 to Germany, they looked rubbish too. So far, none of the "big" teams have played that well, I'm sure it will pick up over the next few days :)

Arfie

It's just the first game worries, ever since Senegal's victory over France there is extra pressure to get off to a good start. We will send a message out on Thursday...

Hello i will go for The Netherlands to win.

Well i have to do this as i live here.

I dont think the USA have a chance.. well maybe the same a tongo.. :)

I dont think the US team will win for quite some time until it gets more popular than the puff version of rugby union that they play..

any way i thought the americans have changed the rules of football to suit them selves?? its some thing like a game cant end in a draw so they have to have penalties on a draw?

well. i think Brazil will be up there. and the way England played I dont think they will get to far. they struggled to get through the qualifiers.

and the way England played I dont think they will get to far. they struggled to get through the qualifiers.
Struggled? :huh: P 10 W 8 D 1 L 1 - finished top of the group and 10 points above 3rd place (and not qualifying) - a real struggle that was :lol:

Anyway Fozzy, after watching the Holland match today against Serbia & Montenegro you're throwing stones in a glass house :p , they were hardly showing world class form :no: and I've got RVN in my team :grr:

Well 30 mins in and Portugal have shown more than any other team I've seen so far, perhaps they're the dark horses :unsure:

Arfie

I'm not being funny now, but the Olympics is so boring, even though I don't like it, football is much better.

Well I've missed all 3 matches today (except the last 30 mins of italy v ghana and they were all pretty good games by the looks.

Arfie

Now Pieman that's true. I can at least sit through a football game because it takes a length of time to develop, whereas with The Olympics it's like - mens 100 meters, ready, set, GO! 8 seconds later - it's all over. Shall we see another one? perhaps they'll run a bit further.....er yeah lets now.

No, I would have to vote World Cup over Olymics too.

Oh and btw, what *were* America doing tonight? doh! looked like they were learning it as they went along. Horrid match.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back