World Cup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't care how they play if they win it! and be honest, you'll not celebrate any less if they win on July 9th if they played rubbish football and won :no: DOn't get me wrong, I'd love us to win with style, but I'd take a win.

I actually think the Owen injury may in a funny way help us, I think he'll go 4-5-1 with a holding midfielder allowing both Gerrard and Lampard to get forward, neither having to worry about defensive duties. He could then use the gangly pillock (crouch) as a impact sub or could really throw some teams by chucking Theo on.

Was a bit surprised by the defending though :rolleyes: but lets hope that was that rubbish out of their systems :nod:

Either way, top of the group, unbeaten, that'll dingdangdoo for me :D

Arfie

About Theo, i bet Wenger is laughing his socks off now as Owen is injured and we are left with an unfit Rooney, Lanky Crouch and some kid called theo.

I will laugh my head off if Togo hold France to a draw or even better beat them -_-

COME ON AUSTRALIA!
had to say it :p
i was up at three this morning watching the socceroos get into the next round for the first time ever! pretty impressive for a team ranked 44th to be up against the top 16!
wooooo

Well done to the Aussies, I thought they'd do well (mind you I thought the USA would too :rolleyes: ) and last 16 is a great result for them :nod:

I can't see them getting past Italy though :no: , but who knows it's one game a bit of Kewell magic and you could be facing Ukraine or Switzerland and I do think you could beat either of them :hyper: Christ, Australia could get to the Semi's :blink:

There's usually one "minor" nation does well every tournament and who knows, it could be Australia this time. I've predicted for Ukraine to be the one that gets to the Semi's though :nod:

I only saw bits, but it looks like Brazil finally trained together and started playing like they know each other last night :crazy:

Arfie

I can't see them getting past Italy though :no: , but who knows it's one game a bit of Kewell magic and you could be facing Ukraine or Switzerland and I do think you could beat either of them :hyper: Christ, Australia could get to the Semi's :blink:
Italy will definitly be a tough game, but with Guus Hidink as coach, and our Strikers, Mark Viduka, John Aloisi, Tim Cahill and Josh Kennedy with Kewell with them, we still might have a chance ;)

No matter what result we get (even though the semi's would be great) i'm sure 20.5 Million people down here would be glad we made it this far, getting into the world cup after a 32 year "hiatus", winning our first FIFA game and scoring our first goals in the tournement, is a big effort :)

Unlucky yesterday, penalty in injury time, OUCH that must hurt. And after seeing Switzerland vs Ukraine I stand by the fact you could have beaten either of them, they were both dreadful.

Arfie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO australia is out. CRAPPIE REFEREE should be fired like the one that reffed the aus vs croatia match. that was sooooooooooo not penalty. australia always get crap referee in their matches especially when vs croatia. aus shouldve got 2 penaltys. and vs japan , japans goal was so not, japan dude pushed schwazer out of the way. GAY. no harry kewl

Most reactions

trending

Back