Working On Classified Section

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There are still knks to work out. Gettin people to use the form and post a photo wil take getting used to. Old habits are hard to break. And since so many new members (and old ones) don't read pinned topics, they won't see it straight off.

I think one of the best aspects of the new format is that threads in the sections will stay on the first page much longer. Basically, it looks as though most of the threads are in livestock, equipment and wanted (a pretty even split in those 3). Right now there are threads on the first page of those sections that are back on page 3 or 4 of the old section. Being on the first page has got to help people get their products sold quicker or help someone that is lookiing for an item find it faster than if that thread has faded away to the 4th page where few people are likely to find it. And of course, if you're selling plants, there are threads on page one that would be 30 pages deep in the old section.

What some see as moaning others see as constructive criticism. All ideas or comments are welcome.

I think one of the best aspects of the new format is that threads in the sections will stay on the first page much longer. Basically, it looks as though most of the threads are in livestock, equipment and wanted (a pretty even split in those 3). Right now there are threads on the first page of those sections that are back on page 3 or 4 of the old section. Being on the first page has got to help people get their products sold quicker or help someone that is lookiing for an item find it faster than if that thread has faded away to the 4th page where few people are likely to find it. And of course, if you're selling plants, there are threads on page one that would be 30 pages deep in the old section.

I'm inclined to disagree on that. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I can't speak for anyone else but I check the buy/sell forum several times a day. Once I've checked it I mark all topics read, and if theres 3 pages of orange posts when I return thats great. Weighed up against losing the opportunity to browse for something interesting and/or a bargain, I don't think the benefits outweigh the loss.

Just one opinion anyway.

I must say that to me the re-organisation does not bring many benefits, short of maybe spending less!

Is ther any way to viem all foum topics under the UK section as well as viewing them in isolation, this would allow people to select the view that suits them, either specifics or "all topics". This would be an enhancement allowing the individual to look at everything, like I think a lot of people do or specifics for someone trying to nail down a tank / filter etc.

How many people will look in the wanted section? maybe those with something to sell.

A post such as the following:

Wanted MTS, willing to pay postage and small handling fee.

I might not even see now yet I have more than enough that I could help some one out.

At the end of the day I used to look once refresh a couple of times most evenings this section. Just to see what was there, Will I navigate back and forth to 6 different forums as much, I doubt it.

A better solution as I think someone suggested which would help a little more is enforcing the location in post or will post as an alternative. That would have been enough to stop me reading posts that were collection only too far away.

Its a great forum and as others have said, we have no right to complain, but personally I think this is a step backwards unelss you can offer some sort of combined view also, in which case it s a minor improvement.

StatMan

Is ther any way to viem all foum topics under the UK section as well as viewing them in isolation, this would allow people to select the view that suits them, either specifics or "all topics". This would be an enhancement allowing the individual to look at everything, like I think a lot of people do or specifics for someone trying to nail down a tank / filter etc.

Utilize the search function more options. Click on United Kingdom in the search where section. Type in the word "location", and click the box for searching the entire post.

This will bring up every topic using the form, as every form has the word "location" in it. If it isn't using the form don't expect it to be up there long without it.

You can do that with a word common to many sales; for. This brings up 23 pages of UK ads, with the section it is in to help you figure out what it is without even clicking on the topic. This will get you to the pre-form topics as well. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?act=Se...pics&hl=for

I'm inclined to disagree on that. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I can't speak for anyone else but I check the buy/sell forum several times a day. Once I've checked it I mark all topics read, and if theres 3 pages of orange posts when I return thats great. Weighed up against losing the opportunity to browse for something interesting and/or a bargain, I don't think the benefits outweigh the loss.

Just one opinion anyway.

Hi,

I agree with Tenohfive, I check the buy,sell,swap boards several times a day and quiet often find things I wasn't really looking for but could/would and will make use of. I am not a fan of the new Classified sections and I think the new form is a waste of time tbh. I know this all sounds negative and I don't mean it to sound that way but you can't please all of the people all of the time!!

Leanne

As mentioned, use the search function for a "hit & run" look at all that is being offered.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back