Woosh ! (3½ Hour Make Over)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

KirkyArcher

Fish Addict
Reaction score
(A busy morning) was getting a little tired of the 125 Roma look, so removed fish to my spare 40 litre, emptied water and removed silica sand (plants didn't like it)
put down a fine gravel/ large sand substrate, out with the bogwood, in with the mopani style wood roots, trying corkscrew vallisneria and put some Ludwigia Peruviana cuttings in as well, re used the Echinodorus 'Ozelot Green' (centre)

3hourmakeover002_zps5965a563.jpg

Fish will be reintroduced in a few hours :)

Looks great. Time well spent I would say.

I like the wood.  It looks more like redmoor than Mopani to me.

Thanks to you both :)  It probably is Redmoor Daize, hence my vague "mopani style wood roots" description, it was in a pile at the LFS amongst a huge variety of wood all jumbled together 

Very nice! One suggestion ... the flat rocks in the front look a bit too placed and not random. Other than that (IMHO) it looks terrific. 
yes.gif

Thanks TOS :) pretty much ongoing project and intend to place at least 3 Cryptocoryne Beckettii 'Petchii' amongst those stones that I will randomise I promise :)

Any pics with the tank lights on?

Love the wood, agree with the stone arrangement suggestion :good:

A nice looking tank, I rather like it....hmm...*looks at own tank*.........
biggrin.png

There you go Shelster, (light on pic) As can be seen yet another failed attempt with Vallisneria, I have just one leaf remaining everything else just melted overnight :( Ludwigia Peruviana has replaced it and added 3 Cryptocoryne  wendtii (Green). Also moved stones about a bit This Old Spouse, now that the Redmoor is waterlogged and no longer require weighting down with the other stones.
Also introduced a pair of Apistogramma Agassizii yesterday and they are settling in nice :)

004_zpsd8ca5e35.jpg

just noticed your e-heater in the corner, do you have any problems with it saying low flow?

I have the same heater (300) it was in the middle of my tank & kept flashing low flow, I moved it all around my tank but wasn't happy with it so  ive since removed it & have fitted an external

Garbolino - I have the same E Heater in my tank, a 300w one, have had no issues at all do far and is in a low flow tank as well.

Mine is situated at low level in middle of rear of tank.

Consistent temps and no flashes of low flow or anything like that, touch wood stays that way.

Cheers, temp wise it works fine but regardless of were I placed it it kept showing LF

I've since installed a hydor inline heater, but I've kept the e-heater as a backup

Both my tanks have E series heaters, both sitting vertically in the corners of my tanks and both of them show on occasion (once or twice a day) the low flow warning, with the heater on one side of tank and the thermometer on the other side and both readings always sync up so I'm in no way worried, was advised that it may be more likely be due to dirt built up inside the housing rather than flow,but I once took one out and inside it was spotless.

Very nice tank, great work. What lights do you use?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back