Woohoo New Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

carrera

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just bagged me a Juwel Delta 300 off of ebay for £82 which i understand to be a good price :D mint condition bar some faulty lighting. this is gonna be my first proper tank, ive kept goldfish before and have a few mollies and loaches in a 5.5 (UK) gallon right now, but that was always meant to be temporary and now i have a proper tank, woohoo.

anyway gonna have to drive across half of england in a few days to go get it but hopefully it will all be worth it :D

felt the need to get a 'woohoo' post off my chest, so there it is :p

well i got it home and after a lot of lifting and moving stuff around, got it in its place. i got sand and gravel in with a couple plastic plants and tada

water quite murky at the mo, i expect that to clear up. just worked out how to set up the massive filter too, went out and got various pads for that.

took the light unit off this morning though and it was soaking with all the condensation. something i was wondering about was jewel dont seem to offer any kind of condensation trays and say their lighting units are completely waterproof. can anyone vouch for this?

thing is at the moment, the lights arent working and im unsure whether its the bulbs or the units themselves, so i may end up having to buy completely new units (£115 alltogether, new) so i wouldnt want to risk breaking them (perhaps the same way the previous owner broke the current ones?) and they do get really wet as they are only a couple of inches away from the water when in place.

anyone with experience with Juwel aquariums fancy commenting?

the light units actually make up part of the hood

see here.

"Juwel Replacement Light Unit 18 Watt (70cm) - Part No.: 47270" = £50 and "Juwel Replacement Light Unit 30 Watt (100cm) - Part No.: 47300" = £65

those are my light units

*edited* links didnt work

Hi, I have just done the same thing, rio 180 with blown light unit. I fitted two arcadia style light units two bulbs and and some clips to hold the bulbs. I ran all the new wiring inside or along the old light unit (after having stripped as much of the original wiring and connections out as I could get at).
So basicly from the out side you can't tell even if you open the lid you can't tell.
your best off buying this stuff from lfs rather than ebay, some of the prices on ebay are more than the shops. good luck buddy :good:

ps dont be put off by the wiring there are only two wires in each lead and two leads per light tube B)

hiya
it looks as though you have just got the same tank i've got & i've gota say i love mine, it runs mint :good:
has it got 2 light units in it ??? mine has & the smaller back 1 stopped woking not long after we got it. we stripped it down the other day & there was a lot of water came out of it :crazy: :S now i'm not sure if this is because its been off for so long & there for had no heat to combat the condensation or this was the reason it stopped working.
not really to bothered by it as it has the front lights working ok.
i did ask in one of our lfs what size the tank is once as they had 4 & its a 60 uk gal tank
hth :D :D :D
trace

hiya
it looks as though you have just got the same tank i've got & i've gota say i love mine, it runs mint :good:
has it got 2 light units in it ??? mine has & the smaller back 1 stopped woking not long after we got it. we stripped it down the other day & there was a lot of water came out of it :crazy: :S now i'm not sure if this is because its been off for so long & there for had no heat to combat the condensation or this was the reason it stopped working.
not really to bothered by it as it has the front lights working ok.
i did ask in one of our lfs what size the tank is once as they had 4 & its a 60 uk gal tank
hth :D :D :D
trace

aye sounds like the same tank.

also, i found out that if one of the tubes is not working, neither will work, so that could be the problem too. ill update as i progress anyway :)

water has now mostly cleared, i made a cave out of bogwood and slate (go me!) and put mr diver to work

i also decided to sneak a picture of my cat in too since he has been 'helping' me this entire time :wub:

Nice tank! Cant wait to see progress! The water is a little murky? is this because of the sand?

your cats cool!

Nice tank! Cant wait to see progress! The water is a little murky? is this because of the sand?

your cats cool!

thanks for the comments :) yes the water is still a little murky, though much better than it was at first. i expect it should clear up completely while it cycles, even if it doesnt it should still look better once i have the lights working :D

some more pics with under water sunken cityness :D

though its still just basically throw stuff in as i get it, ill be arranging it all properly when i do my final water change

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back