wood shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JLawson90

Reaction score
would wood shrimp do well in a tank with ..

17 tiger barbs
4 yoyo loaches
1 rainbow shark

I really like these filter feeding shrimp with their jazz hands, but dont want them to become a meal lol

I would think the rainbow shark would eat the shrimp. It is recommended that you feed Rainbow Sharks shrimp. (Freeze dried of course)

What do you currently feed him?

I personally would trust yo-yos not to mess with them, but that’s me. Even if they don’t eat them they might harass them enough for them to give up. They’re pretty tough on invertebrates
That is another good point, good job @Waterstrider . Also, the barbs are know to be fin nippers, they might agitate your shrimp.

I would think the rainbow shark would eat the shrimp. It is recommended that you feed Rainbow Sharks shrimp. (Freeze dried of course)

It’s a tough tank yeah, lol. My money is still on the loaches getting them first. They’re purchased specifically to kill invading inverts a lot

in that case I'll avoid any shrimp .. not worth the risk, thanks for the replies

Why do you say "(Freeze dried of course)"??

They were killed before they were freeze dried...

They don’t need much meat though. Sharks despite the name eat much more plant life then animal protein.
Yo-yos primary food source is invertebrates

Rainbows love to eat shrimp especially glass shrimp. I deployed shrimp team 6 Into a 30g with the thought of cleaning up larva pellet and boy did the rainbow shark feast on them. Now they're a part of his regular diet

Rainbows love to eat shrimp especially glass shrimp. I deployed shrimp team 6 Into a 30g with the thought of cleaning up larva pellet and boy did the rainbow shark feast on them. Now they're a part of his regular diet
Exactly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back