Wood Shrimp in the wind?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bruce Leyland-Jones

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So I have a couple of filter-feeding Wood Shrimp, fascinating creatures.
They'll quite happily clump about, enjoying the shrimp pellet that I'll put down for them and their crustacean mates and I watched them, fascinated, whilst they'll climb to the top of a plant and then wave their claws in the water, picking up bits.
Like so...

Now I have one that's taken to sitting atop the heater, directly in line with the stream of bubbles from a bubbler.
I'm sure it'll know what it's doing, taking advantage of the current and all of that...or does it?
Will it be a-gobbling bubbles, building up for an almighty 'Burp!'
Will I take the lid of the tank, one fine morning, to see it float out of the aquarium, engaged upon a voyage of discovery?

So I have a couple of filter-feeding Wood Shrimp, fascinating creatures.
They'll quite happily clump about, enjoying the shrimp pellet that I'll put down for them and their crustacean mates and I watched them, fascinated, whilst they'll climb to the top of a plant and then wave their claws in the water, picking up bits.
Like so...

Now I have one that's taken to sitting atop the heater, directly in line with the stream of bubbles from a bubbler.
I'm sure it'll know what it's doing, taking advantage of the current and all of that...or does it?
Will it be a-gobbling bubbles, building up for an almighty 'Burp!'
Will I take the lid of the tank, one fine morning, to see it float out of the aquarium, engaged upon a voyage of discovery?
They look so cool!! Its "claws" look like little fans... I wonder if they can be in a 20H?

They look so cool!! Its "claws" look like little fans... I wonder if they can be in a 20H?
i think each of the big shrimpies needs 20g so maybe if you have flow you can get one!
i cant believe how a bamboo shrimp is cheaper than a "king kong" shrimp

i think each of the big shrimpies needs 20g so maybe if you have flow you can get one!
i cant believe how a bamboo shrimp is cheaper than a "king kong" shrimp
The fish I want for the tank need low flow... So probably not the right fit

The fish I want for the tank need low flow... So probably not the right fit
same, i think at least if there is one place with high enough flow maybe you can get one
i might get some if i can make a compromise since i want gouramis too (no flow)

My flow isn't strong...it has to be Tyrion-friendly, after all.
But there IS a flow, provided by the two bubblers and by the filter.
The Wood shrimp found they can access some of the flow by climbing atop some of the plants and now the bubblers.

So I would need a bubbler? I can do that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back