Woo Hoo, I got somewhere to live

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Not quite as good as it sounds.

Woo Hoo, yes I finally got a place to live. I moved in yesterday and got evicted today.

The real estate agent is a female dog and causing problems, so she told the property owner I was a bad tenant. Kind of odd considering she recommended me to begin with. But I called them today to find out some stuff and was told I have been evicted because the owner has changed their mind and doesn't want me here because I am apparently a bad tenant.

I didn't get a copy of the lease, I have not received a property condition report, and I have not received an eviction notice.

I apparently have 30 days to vacate the premises.

Consumer protection is now involved and I have contacted a legal firm about it. But chances are I'm going back on the street in a month.

This is so fuplie stressful. It's hot (40C today, yesterday was 39C), the border opens in 2 weeks and omicron will come into WA. I can't get my 3rd vaccine (booster shot) for 2 more months (not that it works on omicron anyway), I am exhausted from moving, didn't sleep well last night, got woken up by ants crawling all over me (in the new property), and have been evicted the day after I move into a new place.

I am so sick of all of this.

Hang in there. It's a tough situation and there's no sugar coating it. Housing should be a human right, but great principles don't help.

You'll find something. Are there better options somewhere that isn't 40 degrees?

Are there better options somewhere that isn't 40 degrees?
No, there just aren't enough houses in the state or country for all the people that have come back since covid started.

It doesn't really matter which part of the state or country you are in, the governments have just been lazy and haven't bothered building public (low cost) housing for decades.

Make it worse is the people coming back from overseas have money and can afford a lot more money for a rental property compared to the poor people that need somewhere to live.

I can't even buy a van to live in because they have gone up to full blown retail prices. Secondhand vans with 150,000kms on the clock, 5 yrs old, no warranty, and they are selling for the same price (or nearly the same) as brand new vehicles. It's absolutely insane.

Colin, I am really sorry about your situation. You seem, in print anyways, to be a real interesting person, and I find your posts straight forward and helpful. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new home.

Oh Colin, you got my hopes up. That must be so hard to deal with, I don't understand why the owner switched. I hope the legal firm/ consumer protection can help.
Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Colin.
Do get your booster when you can though. It doesn't stop Omicron but it still gives massive protection against its effects. The stats here in the UK are that most people who end up in hospital are unvaccinated, and of those that have been, most have only had two shots. Very few triple jabbed people have been seriously ill (though is true that more people are catching the virus and getting moderate symptoms).
Best of luck.

I'm not sure what the mods consider politics, but housing is an issue here. A homeless guy froze to death last week, and the shelters are in a mess with the pandemic. Housing costs are skyrocketing here.
I've never experienced your climate, but 40c is pretty dangerous on the hotter end of things. Be very careful, and hang in there. You're a strong and helpful voice here and that doesn't come out of nothing. There's a man behind that online voice who can do a lot. Hang in.
It's easy for me to say this from the comfort of a house, and I'm aware of that. In the past, I lived in some pretty hard situations, and while I never ended up without a roof, I see clearly how it happens. I hope you get some decent breaks, and soon.
Sorry to hear that Colin.
Do get your booster when you can though. It doesn't stop Omicron but it still gives massive protection against its effects. The stats here in the UK are that most people who end up in hospital are unvaccinated, and of those that have been, most have only had two shots. Very few triple jabbed people have been seriously ill (though is true that more people are catching the virus and getting moderate symptoms).
Best of luck.
That's a key thing, I believe. My 87 year old Uncle, who has had cancer three times and is as frail as a man can look has had 2 vaxxes and the booster, and just sailed through COVID-19 with one day's fever. In the earlier days, 12 people in his building, most of whom looked a lot stronger than him to me, didn't get through it.
I don't know your situation, but people here forced onto the streets by rent hikes and the housing crises are really vulnerable right now.

So, sorry to hear... But thank God you've got a new roof above your head...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back