wondering what kind of plant this is

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

corylover5

Fish Herder
2x Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I bought this plant a few weeks ago but I can't figure out what kind it is. Does anyone know what kind of plant this is? Thank you

Attachments

• 20200520_164252.jpg
    20200520_164252.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
Could be a lot of things, it doesn't look very healthy. I'll have a guess at heteranthera zosterifolia (Stargrass). Or maybe a pygmy chain sword and the runner from the mother plant is whats stuck in the substrate.

Thank you. I wanted to get a liquid fertilizer for the few plants I have but I can't find one that's safe for snails and corys.

Thank you, I will look into different root tabs

Root tabs may not be the answer. What are the plants you have? I saw a stem plant in the photo, that needs a liquid fertilizer more than substrate tabs. And the plant in the photo is the same, though I'm not sure what it is. Light is the primary factor in plant growth, can you post data on the light?

I'm not sure about the light, as it came with the tank and I can't find the wattage on it. For the plants I have Monwywort, Marimos, a cardinal plant, java fern(at least I think it is), and the plant I posted above.

Tetra planta min. I use it with shrimp with no problem, it even didn't hurt my bladder snail.

You can use a liquid fertiliser for the java fern which should attached to decor not planted in the substrate so you can't use root tabs for it. I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement and I have shrimps and snails - though I only dose once a week at half the recommended dose. There is a product made by Brightwell which is also recommended, but as I can't get it in the UK I can't remember what it's called.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back