Wish Me Luck

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

liserini

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a reasonable sized garden that I don't really use (just got house with garden for cats, who don't go outside unless I do!) I've got the greenfinger buzz after my fence got badly damaged and I replaced it with a hedge. Now I'm going to dig up a small part of my lawn, about 6ft x 6ft and attempt a vegetable plot! So, wish me luck!

Good luck :good: , i planted some spinach, sweet pea's and various types of peppers a few weeks back, what are you planning on growing :) ?

Ooo Good Luck!! I too have just started.I have just planted a Cherry Tree, a Victoria Plum Tree & a Bramley Apple Tree & loads of Strawberry plants. My Tomatoes & Cucumber are in the Greenhouse. Lettuce in the cold frame
& I'm trying Potatoes in pots(hope they grow) oh, 'n' my Spring Onions, Radish & Beetroot are just starting to show through.I hope all my hard work will be worth it!!!

My main fear is the slugs and snails, i don't use pesticides since i run an environmentally friendly garden, but i don't have a greenhouse so everything gets grown outside- last year the slugs absolutely decimated my tomato plants, this year i think i will buy young but established tomato plants instead of trying to grow them from seed like last year in the hope that they might fair better :thumbs: .

I started my plot about a month ago and it's going great. I am having great results so far, so i wish you good luck as well. I'm growing potatoes, lettuce, cauliflowers, leeks, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, courgettes and peas (not all in patch!)!

We moved house last September. Garden to front and rear had just been left to LONG grass and never shown TLC. Got stuck in and got rid of the back lawn entirely last autumn. Dug over and overturned grass to rot down under it's own weight over the winter - worked well, just a few perennial weeds and bits of grass to pull out as this year has progressed.

Put in two herb beds about 3mx3m with diagonal path along middle and two veg beds 2mx1m. The soil was eager to go and this year has been bumper crops. Runner and broad beans, peas, sweet peas, beetroot, lettuce, rocket, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, sweetcorn, chard, parsnips, celery and every herb I could get my hands on and raise from seed (I love herbs). Butterhead lettuce, late rocket, kale,and chicory have been put in during the past month to establish over autumn. Any bare patches from finished crops will be fertilised and left for next spring.

Just prepared mine for this year,

Extended my plot, going to be putting potatoes, carrots and parsnips in it. Got japanese onions and broccoli in already. Going to plant beetroot in another empty spot.
Growing aubergine, cucumber, courgette and tomatoes in a greenhouse!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back