TheTenthDoctor's Bird (s)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you just have one, you can put a mirror in the cage attached to the wires near his perch. The single parakeet will “talk” to and kiss the mirror thinking it’s another bird. Also if you repeat words to a budgie, he will eventually repeat the words.

If you just have one, you can put a mirror in the cage attached to the wires near his perch. The single parakeet will “talk” to and kiss the mirror thinking it’s another bird. Also if you repeat words to a budgie, he will eventually repeat the words.
Mirrors can cause psycological difficulty. I have read its always better to have two budgies than a budgie and a mirror

I can't have two males? I have seen lots of people have mutiple of the same sex. I don't want eggs :( I have not room for young budgies
How would you like to be forced into a same sex relationship?
Disregard that if your in one and think about how you would like to be forced into a relationship with someone your not interested in.

Two males budgies can live together but it's not natural.

Why don't you want them to breed?
If your really concerned about babies, let them lay a clutch of eggs and then replace the eggs with dummy eggs (available from pet shops). Dummy eggs are just plastic eggs you put in the nest when you remove the real eggs.

But there is nothing wrong with them breeding and it simply means they are happy. And you can always sell the young. They only have 3-5 babies so its not like fish when you can get 500 young.

@WinterSoldier. Now you have me wishing for a Budgie for Christmas, I really miss my birds. My wife took the eggs :( but at the time we had 4 kids and a house full of animals many were rescues. She really did treat all the birds well the only thing was she had beautiful long hair and didn't want the birds to land on her head. One bird or two either way they are great birds to keep.

I had a parakeet that lived for about 10 years. My Mom forgot to close the door on the cage one day and our stupid poodle ate the bird while we were gone. So sad.

How would you like to be forced into a same sex relationship?
Disregard that if your in one and think about how you would like to be forced into a relationship with someone your not interested in.

Two males budgies can live together but it's not natural.

Why don't you want them to breed?
If your really concerned about babies, let them lay a clutch of eggs and then replace the eggs with dummy eggs (available from pet shops). Dummy eggs are just plastic eggs you put in the nest when you remove the real eggs.

But there is nothing wrong with them breeding and it simply means they are happy. And you can always sell the young. They only have 3-5 babies so its not like fish when you can get 500 young.

I wouldn't have the heart to discard the eggs. However I will take your advice. Maybe I will go with a female :)

I would like to introduce everyone to Coconut. She is a female budgie. I got her in January and introduced her to Kiwi. The two have bonded and now spend most of the time singing and preening their feathers. She still can't fly from having her wings clipped but shes getting there. And oh yes she isn't tame yet. Still working on that ;)

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

I can see why you named her coconut, very nice looking bird :)

Oh yeah! She reminds me of a coconut. As in her coloring
I wanted something fruity to go with Kiwi, but I couldn't decide. I almost named her Selina Kyle after Catwoman. Then my sister-in-law said. "What about coconut" and thus she was named

Cute name! Very pretty bird too

I'd like to update this thread. Kiwi and Coconut are doing well. They are planning an escape and have figured out how to move the top off their cage. I guess it was bound to happen some time. They are bonding well although Kiwi is definitly more active. They also have this thing they do where they destroy the millet. I don't know why, I will put millet in their cage and within an hour its shreded into pieces. Has anyone else experienced this with their bird? I think I'll stop feeding them unlimited millet from now on.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back