🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaphppy7

Mod-o-holic
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Where I live, this is rare...we had "thunder sleet" last night, it was kind of creepy...roads closed, my work is closed today and tomorrow...just so thankful we never lost power...if it would have been freezing rain instead of sleet, it would have been much worse...we're not supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday

Attachments

• Winter 1.jpg
    Winter 1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Winter 2.jpg
    Winter 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Winter 3.jpg
    Winter 3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 71
Stay safe, do not drive. It snowed here all day yesterday and we barely went above freezing (33F). Today it is raining and a slushy mess.

Good Luck.

We have 8-14" of snow predicted for my area starting this evening. It will be a hellish commute Tuesday morning, luckily I have the day off.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere...people around here can't drive well in perfect conditions, much less on icy roads!
Thank you...

Good Luck.

We have 8-14" of snow predicted for my area starting this evening. It will be a hellish commute Tuesday morning, luckily I have the day off.
Wow.
Yep, my work is closed today and tomorrow...and if the roads still aren't safe Wednesday morning, I'm not going in, I have plenty of vacay time....:thumbs:

Wow.
Yep, my work is closed today and tomorrow...and if the roads still aren't safe Wednesday morning, I'm not going in, I have plenty of vacay time....:thumbs:

Understand we got the equipment to handle the snow, we average 100"/year. The hardest part will be getting out of the driveway. We always back the cars in before a big storm, luckily my long driveway slopes down toward the street.

I agree, here in Texas, we are not used to seeing all this white stuff. I woke up this morning to frozen water, although I left my water trickling out of two facets, and had wrapped all my exposed water pipes, it still froze. I am on county water so there is no telling where the problem is. But as long as I have electricity I will be ok. If the electricity goes out I will be in trouble, and running out to find a generator. I don't want to lose all my fish.

I feel if I can make it through today, tonight, and then tomorrow it is supposed to warm back up above freezing during the day. I just hope the power stays on.

SE Texas Snow 2-15-2015_a.jpg

Not sure if you were here or remember the ice storm of '97, we were w/out power for SIX DAYS...it was hellish.

I agree, here in Texas, we are not used to seeing all this white stuff. I woke up this morning to frozen water,
My first job out of college was in Jackson, TN. The pipes froze up during one cold snap and I spent 1/2 the day searching for the hot water heater! Finally I look in the attic, yep there it was.

Well, my biggest fear was my goldfish pond. Finally got a peak at them and they’re still alive. I placed foam board over the pond, followed by wall insulation. Followed by 2 blankets and a tarp. Oh, also had a de-icer in pond and it’s under a patio cover. Who has a pond de-icer in Southeast Texas? Me, that’s who. I am always prepared for my fishes. :).

Attachments

• E2A6887A-8F94-4E8B-998B-2D2E13862F8A.jpeg
    E2A6887A-8F94-4E8B-998B-2D2E13862F8A.jpeg
    453.6 KB · Views: 73
  • E90BE34A-67D9-4FBE-8FA4-568395C85DBD.jpeg
    E90BE34A-67D9-4FBE-8FA4-568395C85DBD.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 38386F78-F8F1-4896-9276-756C76C7FACC.jpeg
    38386F78-F8F1-4896-9276-756C76C7FACC.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 7B40DC50-E723-40CA-9543-A4A5408BEE0D.jpeg
    7B40DC50-E723-40CA-9543-A4A5408BEE0D.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 71
What kind of de-icer do you use, that doesn't harm your fish?

I find it quite strange to be able to drink a beer out in the garage straight off of the shelf, w/out reaching into my mini-fridge :beer:

P
What kind of de-icer do you use, that doesn't harm your fish?

I find it quite strange to be able to drink a beer out in the garage straight off of the shelf, w/out reaching into my mini-fridge :beer:
It’s actually a pond de-icer. It’s about 8” in diameter and heats a hole in the ice.

Oh, duhhhh....I was thinking some kind of chemical
Crazy thing is, here near Beaumont, temps are supposed to be on the 50's and 60's this weekend...only in SETX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back