Elephant nose 4 June 2019 Fishforums Fish of the Month WINNER!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
June 2019 Fish of the Month Contest
We had 5 interesting FISH entered in the FOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is..:band:

:hooray:
Elephant nose 4
  • Here is her winning and very unique fish and the description​
:drinks:
Let's all congratulate Elephant nose 4

img_20190526_28942-jpg.91913

• Hi this is my favourite fish.
He's an elephant nose fish, he's 8 years old I have 3 other which are 2 years. When I started fish keeping I always found these guy's really interesting so after a year off reading I decided to buy one, I tried numerous tankmates which he didn't get on with, so he eventually lived alone. I then decided to upgrade his tank and buy more best thing I done for him, such amazing fish to watch! He took a lot off hardwork but definitely worth it.
I named him Gonzo he's grown to 12inches.
Thank you sorry for the long post!
He's in a 75gallon at the moment but I'll need to upgrade again soon.​

Last edited:
Congrats on your win, Elephant nose 4. Your fish is truly unique. You may be the only member who keeps elephant nose fish.

For those who didn't enter or didn’t win, consider entering one of your fish in an upcoming FOTM contest FOTM contest is run every two months. Next one starts around August 15th.

Note to all members: Our Tank of the Month contest will be starting on July 1st. So if you'd like to enter your tank, get a pic or a youtube video ready to enter in the contest.

Last edited:
Not sure if I've done this link correctly, I'll apologise in advance lol first time I've tried!
Thank you everyone it's very appreciated

The tank has 4 elephant nose but there is only 2 playing , gonzo is out. The tank is totally different as well now more plants in it. Thank you

Nice video... the elephant nose fish seem to very playful and happy in your tank... great job! Wish my tank was big enough for a pair of those fish .

Last edited:
Question ... do they feed out of the end of the nose or do the feed at the base of the nose?

That's their chin the mouth is above it, the chin helps to find food using an electrical impulse. Once you get to know them their really cool very friendly fish I love keeping them.

How big does a tank have to be, to keep one? Also, are they a “in-a-group” kind of fish, or a “leave-me-alone-by-myself” type of fish? :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back