Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
October 2019 Tank of the Month Contest
We had 7 tanks entered in the TOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is..:band:

:hooray:
Lilyann

Let's all congratulate Lilyann
:drinks:
Here is her tank and its description

Shrimp Vase: 12" x 12 " Cylinder Arrangement
lilann-oct-totm.jpg

Recently set up, so still cycling ( for 6 weeks) before add shrimp. Shrimp will be tangerine tigers.
Filtration: Dennerle Nano Filter
Lighting: ATLEDtis Clip-on light. Another one on the way. Need one for front and back.
Substrate: Landen Sand.
Wood: Mopani on Slate
Stone: Manten rock

Plants:
Submersed/Emersed
Aquatic Reed ( type unknown)
Eleocharis vivipara

Submersed:
Marsilea quadrifolia
Blyxia japonica
Crypt. "green gecko"
Crypt. Parva.

Emersed Plants:
Mixed tillandsia
Bromeliad

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Lilyann on winning TOTM. You will soon receive a "TOTM Winner" banner in your profile area. Well deserved win!

To those who didn't win, you may reenter your tank in a future TOTM contest. Also, I hope other members will considering entering our contests.

Our Fish of the Month contest will start up soon. This month we will feature CATFISH. You may enter any catfish...from dwarf cories to large plecos-all are eligible. So take a pic of one of your catfish and be prepared to enter the FOTM contest.

Last edited:
Also, that tank is very creative. I've never seen anything like it. So very much different than a standard rectangle. The purpose for it also unique. I would like to see pictures of it six months down the road.

Also, that tank is very creative. I've never seen anything like it. So very much different than a standard rectangle. The purpose for it also unique. I would like to see pictures of it six months down the road.
Thanks, I really like it also. I was inspired by a LFS that I went into in San Jose, Ca. They had many smaller vases of various dimensions with both submersed and emersed plants. This kinda got my mind going about what I could replicate at home-- this was what came of that.
They also had what they called "pond aquariums"- which were designed to look like small ponds. Such cool stuff. There is alot of creativity going on right now with the hobby that has been inspired by ripariums, terrariums, and such. Kind of a mash-up of all these elements.

a free form pond like aquarium would look pretty cool if done right....maybe surrounded by rock and real grass around the edges of the pond

I also got another light, 1 for the front and 1 for the back so it doesn't look so "jerry- rigged" ~lol!
Added some more plants: some buce and petite anubias.

Here are some more pictures so can see the lighting as it is now. A picture top down and on the side.
EzaCJGF.jpg

dvyMRzh.jpg

Gtx2X0d.jpg

9uhQDdt.jpg

Is the Bromeliad sitting on something or actually in the water? I just love it!

I didn’t actually see any shrimp in the picture, where are they all?? :)

(Well, knowing shrimp, they are all probably hiding under a leaf...:lol:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back