Windows 11 - Is everyone able to download?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Windows 10 has been much better than anything I had. Windows 95 and then XP. I only wish Windows 11 could turn my now 5 year old PC into one that can play 4K vids. 720p is really its limit with short vids of SOME 1080 playing ok..some buffering. I have tried the 1400 just to see it play for a few seconds before it froze. Maybe the next tax rebate I can get something that has a top notch video card since I spend more time watching the internet, movies, and youtube on PC to Samsung TV.

Still have 7 as I tried to upload 10 but there is a partition Issue and I can't get into BIOS right now without fiddling with the motherboard. Assuming 7 to 11 isn't an option, or if it is the partition will be an issue.
One of my husbands 7 downloaded the 10 and the other wouldn't and it's about enabling it in the Bios and windows 7 isn't allowed with 11 i read such a shame.
In my opinion there's to many versions keep going and all for the sake of people spending more money, where they have pc's that are fine already it's totally disgusting.
) I did some research to see why that was an issue and how to resolve that and that's when I found out that I would have to disable my motherboard in order to enter BIOS which can become disabled after you had your computer for a while
I read to enter Bios and watched video's they reckon you press F2 and your Bios comes up and there's things in there to enable and disable, it's a right game though after doing your pc up.
Quite frankly, if I could get an apple computer in this town I would because I can't stand windows10 or their updates that keep screwing up my machine.
Colin it's caused some issues and what you have to do would drive me totally mad. My step son swears by apple computers and that's all he as besides iphones, anything to do with windows or android phones he won't touch.
Windows 10 has been a very stable OS for me, that noise you hear is me knocking on wood. I will likely update to Window 11 in the not too distant future. When you consider how many hardware configurations Windows supports it is actually pretty surprising how well it works. Honestly, I do not work for Microsoft.
Like yourself i've been lucky with no trouble but i could go mad about my Hp my hubby as had off me only 5yrs old gaming laptop, 8gb memory and 1Tb with 4 core and loads left on it and it's not showing tpm.msc 1.2 or 2.0 but in system information it contains everything you should have for windows 11 otherwise.

Windows 10 has been much better than anything I had. Windows 95 and then XP. I only wish Windows 11 could turn my now 5 year old PC into one that can play 4K vids. 720p is really its limit with short vids of SOME 1080 playing ok..some buffering. I have tried the 1400 just to see it play for a few seconds before it froze. Maybe the next tax rebate I can get something that has a top notch video card since I spend more time watching the internet, movies, and youtube on PC to Samsung TV.
I don't bother doing either lol i watch stuff on youtube off my phone and that's it really.

I mainly use computers for web browsing, emails, basic word processing, etc. My HP Chromebook work efficently, is very fast, updates in seconds, turns on in seconds, has a hi-definition screen, doesn't get hot, and battery lasts for 10 hours. Between my iphone 6s plus and the chomebook, I am very happy.

I mainly use computers for web browsing, emails, basic word processing, etc. My HP Chromebook work efficently, is very fast, updates in seconds, turns on in seconds, has a hi-definition screen, doesn't get hot, and battery lasts for 10 hours. Between my iphone 6s plus and the chomebook, I am very happy.
Before this covid started me and my husband looked at the chrome books and someone said the memories get used up quick, so we didn't venture.

I bought an upscale chromebook...has 8gb memory, 64 GB drive, free cloud drive storage, sd slot to add more storage, a fast I3 processor, lighted keyboard, fingerprint sensor, IPS hi-def screen, and touch screen input if desired. It has a 360 degree hinge. You can find it on sale for about $450--normally sells for $629 Here's the model I bought...presently not on sale.
The reviews rate this chromebook very highly.

I bought an upscale chromebook...has 8gb memory, 64 GB drive, free cloud drive storage, sd slot to add more storage, a fast I3 processor, lighted keyboard, fingerprint sensor, IPS hi-def screen, and touch screen input if desired. It has a 360 degree hinge. You can find it on sale for about $450--normally sells for $629 Here's the model I bought...presently not on sale.
The reviews rate this chromebook very highly.
The processor speeds good at 2.1 and none of this was mentioned what you explained they mainly mentioned the memory usage, as we've never had one before.

I can't moan though with the one i've had they downloaded the system for me for £40 on SD card and besides 12mths warranty i took out a 2yrs besides which hit just over £700. Hopefully it lasts a few years.

What i do laugh at though when me husband is purchasing for me, he's telling me stuff over the phone while dealing with it. lol

I have windows 11 now. It works, and tries rigidly to make me use a series of features I would rather not. It's a commercial program on my devices that makes no attempt to act as if it is 'mine'. It belongs to Microsoft and you know it when you use it.

I'm not a software mind, but I have been on the internet since before it had images. I've followed the evolution of browsers, and they have moved away from users and toward shareholders very rapidly since Windows 7 or so. 11 is a giant leap in inviting unwelcome salesmen into your home. It does, however, do what it wants to very efficiently. I had to upgrade an older desktop and my reconditioned one was bought so that I could use 11. They'll be pushing a lot of computers towards the landfills soon enough, no doubt talking about their green initiatives while they're doing it. Apple's as bad, and Linux seems like a pain to work with if you aren't really into tech. For me, it's a tool, not a fascination.

Had it for a while and it does what its supposed to. No real benefit in upgrading from 10 if your existing setup is working well for you. Yeah (just like Apple) it is used as a marketing platform. For me its just a tool.
I have 10 and 11 and its no big deal switching from 1 to the other - then again I do use computers to earn a living so I'm also comfortable on linux or macs.

I built my own computer many years ago and used Windows 7 because at that time Windows 8 was crap. Now that I want to upload to Windows 11 I can't access my BIOS so I cannot upload it. I'm also having some issues with my computer as it is relatively old. So I just went ahead and spent a considerable amount of money for components to build myself a new computer with Windows 11. I am by no means an expert I just like to research and I'm able to follow instructions :lol:

Chromebooks only have a lifespan of 5yrs from date of manufacture AFAIK

You can still use it after 5 years but you just wont get updates.
At least they’re relatively inexpensive to replace with a new model.

I bought a cheap dell in summer 2022 with windows 11. It has 2 pieces of software on it, my bookkeeping software and Firefox. I use it to cut invoices and occasionally email them. I use my windows 10 for everything else, and all of my computers have Malwarebytes installed, paid version. I bought a windows 10 that immediately installed windows 11 on bootup at Best Buy in December 2021 and I took it back a week or so later and said just keep it. I'm not that happy with Hewlett Packard anyway, massively overpriced.

Slightly off topic:
My school upgraded to windows 11 and none of the teachers know how to use it properly, let alone windows 10. The format is just ugly and I really don't see the point unless windows 10 will be "no longer in service" or something like that.

I like Windows 7 the best, I'm recalling how I used it in primary.

Slightly off topic:
My school upgraded to windows 11 and none of the teachers know how to use it properly, let alone windows 10. The format is just ugly and I really don't see the point unless windows 10 will be "no longer in service" or something like that.

I like Windows 7 the best, I'm recalling how I used it in primary.
You can change it to look almost exactly like Windows 10. At a company where I do the IT they are only upgrading when a PC dies and needs replacing so they have some Windows 10 and some Windows 11. They also hotdesk and don't even notice the difference. Unfortunately the world moves on and in IT security is a really big deal. Windows 11 is a lot more secure than 10 - which is he reason why it won't run on older computers. The official end of life date for Windows 10 is 14 October 2025.

Windows 7 ended in 2020 but there is nothing to stop you using it, but it would be a massive risk to use it online - and who uses computers without going on the internet anymore.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back