Windows 11 - Is everyone able to download?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well i brought my gaming laptop 5yrs ago as i love them because they're fast, tested to see if mine had TPM 1.2 or 2.0 and no way, so looked up PC world and my hubby fetched me this one and the speed is great.

www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-3505-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-512-gb-ssd-black-10220498-pdt.html

Apparently pc's brought over 4yrs ago the windows 11 won't update on and they shall be shutting windows 10 in 2025.

How to check.
https://www.intowindows.com/check-if-your-pc-has-tpm-2-0/

Last edited:
if windows 10 stops getting updates in 2025, I will deal with it then assuming I am still alive.

As for windows 11, wait at least 6 months before trying it otherwise you get all the bugs. If you wait, other people can deal with the crap microsoft puts out and when you do eventually try it, hopefully it will work.

if windows 10 stops getting updates in 2025, I will deal with it then assuming I am still alive.

As for windows 11, wait at least 6 months before trying it otherwise you get all the bugs. If you wait, other people can deal with the crap microsoft puts out and when you do eventually try it, hopefully it will work.
^^ This ^^
If it ain't broke, I'm not gonna try to fix it.....

That'll be the day I download W11 !! There are enough bugS on W10 !!

I really don't have any issues with 10, either....I don't like change, kept Windows 7 as long as I could, but 10 hasn't been a bad upgrade, IME

Still have 7 as I tried to upload 10 but there is a partition Issue and I can't get into BIOS right now without fiddling with the motherboard. Assuming 7 to 11 isn't an option, or if it is the partition will be an issue.

I'm being truthful here i have no problems 🤞with windows 10.
Your one of the few who hasn't.

In the middle of 2016 microsofty did a big update and destroyed thousands of computers all over the world. Mine was one and the update caused my cpu to run at 100% capacity and I couldn't stop it. After a week of trying to get control of my pc, I took it back to the store and got a new one. People all over the US took legal action against microsofty for that patch because it shut down companies and cost private companies billions in lost revenue and replacement computers.

There have been a number of other updates since then and all have caused problems on my machine. One last year stopped my keyboard working and I now have to copy & paste a word into the "type here search" just so I can use the keyboard after I turn the pc off and reboot it.

An update a while back causes my pc to just stop working if it is idle for a period of time. This is random and I have set hard drives and other things to never to go sleep but it still happens. I then have to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to turn off the pc before rebooting it. And I lose everything I was working on when this happens.

One update at the start of this year has deleted all my restore points and reset all the updates. I had them all turned off because I only have a small amount of internet data each month.

The latest one got onto my pc without me knowing about it and has reset the updates again and started downloading and installing stuff, and I can't stop it.

Quite frankly, if I could get an apple computer in this town I would because I can't stand windows10 or their updates that keep screwing up my machine.

Your one of the few who hasn't.

In the middle of 2016 microsofty did a big update and destroyed thousands of computers all over the world. Mine was one and the update caused my cpu to run at 100% capacity and I couldn't stop it. After a week of trying to get control of my pc, I took it back to the store and got a new one. People all over the US took legal action against microsofty for that patch because it shut down companies and cost private companies billions in lost revenue and replacement computers.

There have been a number of other updates since then and all have caused problems on my machine. One last year stopped my keyboard working and I now have to copy & paste a word into the "type here search" just so I can use the keyboard after I turn the pc off and reboot it.

An update a while back causes my pc to just stop working if it is idle for a period of time. This is random and I have set hard drives and other things to never to go sleep but it still happens. I then have to hold the power button down for 10 seconds to turn off the pc before rebooting it. And I lose everything I was working on when this happens.

One update at the start of this year has deleted all my restore points and reset all the updates. I had them all turned off because I only have a small amount of internet data each month.

The latest one got onto my pc without me knowing about it and has reset the updates again and started downloading and installing stuff, and I can't stop it.

Quite frankly, if I could get an apple computer in this town I would because I can't stand windows10 or their updates that keep screwing up my machine.
I built my computer when Microsoft 10 was supposed to be the new best thing. I purposely bought seven because of all the bad things I heard about 10. My video card just died recently so I decided to upgrade the video card and get a new CPU (i5 to i7) so when I installed the CPU and rebooted the computer it had an option to upgrade to 10 but I decided not to. Then it came out that 11 was coming out and I thought maybe I should have upgraded to 10 and so I tried and that's when my computer told me that it was unable to upgrade due to some partition issue (have SSD as well as HDD) I did some research to see why that was an issue and how to resolve that and that's when I found out that I would have to disable my motherboard in order to enter BIOS which can become disabled after you had your computer for a while (?). I was just not wanting to crawl under my desk and undo my computer that I had just set up again to screw around with the motherboard to get into BIOS just to install Windows 10. Maybe when Microsoft stops updating Windows 10 I'll install it, that is if they still give me an option. At that time maybe the only option will be 11.

Computer is doing what I need so I'm fine with the current OS.

Windows 10 has been a very stable OS for me, that noise you hear is me knocking on wood. I will likely update to Window 11 in the not too distant future. When you consider how many hardware configurations Windows supports it is actually pretty surprising how well it works. Honestly, I do not work for Microsoft.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back