Wills - September 2022 Tank of the Month Winner (16 gal & smaller)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
September 2022 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 10 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Wills
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description

1661877193636.png

This is my 30 litre ADA 60F. The dimensions are 60x30x18cm making it a long shallow tank.

It is currently home to a small colony of Neocaridina Shrimp - I'd say Cherry Shrimp but I have a mix of Cherrys, Yellows and Naturals, which is intentional as I wanted a simple 'low grade' colony.

The filter is an Oase Filtosmart 100 Thermo, an external with contained heater so the only equipment in the tank are the inlet and outlet. The light is a Chiheros A Series, a simple light that is controllable, I keep it on the second lowest settings which I think is about 8 watts.

The plants are all focused on the low tech side of things and are:
- Cardamyne Lyrata
- Hydrocotyle Vulgaris
- Liiliaopsis Brasiliensis
- Vallisnera sp.
- Aubias sp. Mini Coin
- Bucephalandra sp. Katarina
- Red root floaters and duckweed on the surface.

It also has a Mini Monsterra growing hydroponically, though the roots have not taken off on it yet. It may need a few more weeks to get going.

Congrat to @Wills for winning TOTM with your super nice 30 litre tank. Well deserved win.
Coming in second place is @Rosyannie with their Aquamanta Nano 35 tank. Very nicely scaped tank. The tank really stands out.
And coming in 3rd place is @Hochmeister with their 15 gallon Fluval Flex tank. Beautiful layout and great pic.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this month's TOTM contest.

Right now we are accepting entries in our very popular Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet besides fish, we hope you will enter it in the POTM contest. Here is the link to the entry thread. https://www.fishforums.net/threads/enter-now-september-2022-pet-of-the-month-contest-no-fish.483845/

Last edited:
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Worthy winner Wills, nice one!

Congrats, Wills, a much better tank than mine :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back