William!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gibbo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Got half a dozen today, Brown, about an inch across. Told they were the same species as the 'golden', just in it's natural colour form. Will grow them on, young will be puffer food but they are nice in their own right. May purchase some golden ones sometime (not for fishfood though)! B)

Haha very nice gibbo! Watch out that the ones you got aren't P. Canulicata, as they'll eat all your plants!! Happened to me, the long grass type plant? Well I just got one and overnight it basically cut all the stalks in half, not eating much at all just through the stems :angry: Its grown back at last one of the reasons for me getting a seperate tank :)

I've also started to make some snail food for them which is basically just mushed up salad/vegetable with a touch of meat/fish. They seem to like it :D I freeze it in like cubes and give it to them :)

Don't worry, they have an unplanted tank to themselves. They do look great though. Been looking on that website you recommended, like the look of the Giant Ramshorns! Used to keep the british ones as a kid, in a tank with frogs and newts and other aquatic beauties. Sowed the seeds of fascination even way back then!!

Have you ever kept Giant Land Snails (from Africa, up to 8" long)? Used to have those too, really great pets if you like something different!! :D

Nope not kept the giant land snails! I've got one P.Canuliata which does grow to the size of a tennis ball or your hand :D :D Its so nice to see the new shell growth cause it's gleaming compared to the scratched shell from the shop tank :'(

I've got some of the regular ramshorns could send you some probably as they are breeding :fun: :fun: :thumbs:

a girl at works keeps those land snails huge things, she even gives them away when she too many lol

Hi William,

Got a second apple snail today and I have noticed that my new one has a kind of third antenna but it is about 3 times thicker than the others.

I haven't noticed this on my original snail.

I assume it is a siphon but why is it absent on the other snail??

I reckon it'll pull it in after a while, could otherwise its be its baby snail maker ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: knew that was coming lol
anyone keep freshwater shrimps???

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back