Will This Work

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Should do. Soil builder is just Flourite as far as I'm aware so read up on how to use flourite and should answer the question :) (never used flourite myself).

Actually, at that price you can buy Tertaplant Complete in 2.8kg tubs as well. Seems to be a reasonably good substrate.

Soil builder granules isn't flourite!! Its Leonardite which Tom Barr suggests using as the bottom layer of the substrate in a non CO2 low light tank.

You only want a ½ inch layer under your nutritous substrate. You don't want 2-3 tubs. 1 tub will give you this ½" layer on your size tank then you could put something like flourite/laterite or a branded substrate on top and then the gravel on top of that. or Just get loads of Onyx sand to put on top of it.

Apparently the Leonardite is like Peat but much older. Not sure what benefits it has. Was just trying it out. It would be no good as a main substrate though as it is like dust!!.

So in answer to your question this is an additional item and not your main nutritious substrate. this would go under your Tetraplant/Tropica/Eco/AS etc

Andy

Well spotted & spot on t'boot sc1.

Leonardite is.... brown coal (lignite to us Brits) believe it or not. Organic Leonardite is used for hydroponics (i.e. 'safe' for your fish tank).

Andy

Useless fact of the day: Brown coal is strip mined in Germany by using the worlds largest land vehicle, which weighs in at 45.5 thousand tons (not impressed? The Titanic weighed slightly more at 46,328 tons). Eat your heart out NASA. You won't believe the size of them (plural!) http://www.ashokforums.com/forums/cars/lar...hicle-3373.html

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back