Will this help my fish-in cycle?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tallentemma

Reaction score
Hello to all!
I recently posted here asking for advice because my emergency fish in cycle wasn't going well. All is well at the moment with my fish but the problem is the tank water isn't making any progress. Ammonia is still present when I don't do water changes everyday and it's been about 3 weeks since the fish-in cycle started. My question is:

Could I buy another tank to put the fish in?
What I mean by this is, Can I put the fish in a brand new tank (one that isn't cycled) and do the daily water changes in that one while I work on getting the main tank cycled properly?
Is this too stressful for the fish?

My thinking was I could dose ammonia in the main tank to boost the cycle while still making sure my fish is safe from ammonia by transferring the fish to a new tank and performing water changes to keep the water clean.

Hope to hear from someone and thanks!
p.s. The fish that I have is a Fancy goldfish

Ah, that's tough, because goldies are so messy. I would leave it in and keep up the 75% water changes. If you put it in another tank, the ammonia will just be higher. If you can get Seachem Prime and use that to dechlorinate the ammonia will be detoxified for 24 hours, meaning your fish will suffer much much less as long as you do the water changes :).

Aahh, I see! That makes sense. I use Seachem prime currently so all is good. Thanks so much for the response, I shall keep my Goldie in the original tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back