Will Popeye medication kill shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

ellamay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I need to treat my betta for Popeye, Iā€™m doing water changes every few days and need to treat him but I donā€™t have a hospital tank and online it says not to use the medication in a tank with shrimp. If I take him out and use the treatment in a separate container will it still work? This is what Iā€™m looking at ordering. Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• A2DA3ADC-37BC-46D2-A3C3-D929BE436230.png
    A2DA3ADC-37BC-46D2-A3C3-D929BE436230.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 34
Yes it will kill shrimp if it says not to use it.

What are the ingredients? This will tell us more clearly

Most often Popeyes does not need treatment, as itā€™s generally caused by an abrasion and poor water quality. Daily 50+% water changes are often enough.

If you do use the treatment in another tank, as many hiding places and make the transition the least stressful you can, stress will greatly affect his recovery rate

Yes it will kill shrimp if it says not to use it.

What are the ingredients? This will tell us more clearly

Most often Popeyes does not need treatment, as itā€™s generally caused by an abrasion and poor water quality. Daily 50+% water changes are often enough.

If you do use the treatment in another tank, as many hiding places and make the transition the least stressful you can, stress will greatly affect his rec
It doesn't say anything about shrimp on the box I've just seen people online advising not to because they're not sure.

Ingredients: Formaldehyde, Broponol, Benzalkonium.

It's my first issue with any of my fish so I'm trying to fix it as quickly as I can. Its my second tank and is much smaller than my original so I've obviously not been doing water changes enough.

So you'd recommend just continuing with the water changes rather than using any medication?

Most reactions

trending

Back