will my tank be ok for a marine set-up?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lilmisstrouble

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 1 freshwater tropical tank that is massive following a recent upgrade. However, this has left me with a 100litre tank (no idea what that is in gallons). What I am interested in is if this is too small for a marine tank. It is also a cube shape, so its tall, will this be a problem?

I have been doing a lot of readin up for quite a while now regarding marine tanks, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about the size of the tank and then I can go from there!

Thx in advance.

Its not an ideal starter size tank but it will suffice.
Just remember to take each ste[very slowly and do lots of research.

Loads of liverock and do not overlook the cost of the cleanup crew either.

would i be better to leave it till I get a bigger tank then? Have no probs waiting as I have been thinking/researching/waiting for a year already....

Migth be better waiting as its a lot of expense just to keep 3 or do fish which is all that your size tank will tank

Hi..a 100 liter tank (correct me all you UK'ers) is about a 25G US, right? If so, that would put it in the nano tank category. It's a lot of work maintaining a smaller system...you could do it if you want, but, you' re limited to very small fish, only about 3-5 and small ones at that. I have a 24G. SH

A 50gal would be much better for a starter marine tank, basically the bigger the tank the easier it is to maintain good water quality/stats ;) .

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back